Associate, Institutional Relations
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Associate, Institutional Relations (IR) is responsible for ensuring harmonization of efforts across a large, global team working to secure revenue from foundation, corporate, government and multilateral funding sources. S/he will provide general administrative support to the Institutional Relations team, assemble due diligence documentation, and provide writing support on funding proposals and technical reports due to institutional funders. S/he will also serve as the team’s CRM lead, ensuring data integrity within database, consistency of user actions and developing reports to help inform fundraising strategy.
- Serve as key support across the IR team, coordinating actions of staff based globally;
- Serve as the IR Team lead in managing its donor database, working across team to ensure integrity of data and maximizing capacity for benefit from the CRM system;
- Working with IR Director, create and implement CRM reports that help inform team’s fundraising strategy;
- Responsible for maintaining and improving IR team’s intranet and file storing systems;
- Provide general administrative support to staff within the IR Team, including the completion of due diligence documentation and pre-screening questionnaires;
- Create, adjust, and implement policies and protocols that ensure best practices are followed within the IR Team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- Working with IR Director and other team members, write, adapt and edit proposals and concept papers for field programs;
- Draft acknowledgement letters for gifts secured; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional work experience with background in institutional development;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and SharePoint);
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning required;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail required as well as ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Spanish language fluency preferred;
- Knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues preferred; and
- Ability to travel up to 10% nationally and internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: February 26th 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org