Associate Director of Alumni Engagement - Regional Engagement
The Regional Engagement & Volunteer Management team is comprised of alumni engagement officers working to strengthen Emory's alumni communities and presence in key constituent markets. Across the team, these officers build relationships that focus on engagement, volunteerism, and donors at the annual-giving level. This position will report to the Director of Regional Engagement.
Creates, maintains, and enhances the relationship between alumni and the university and among alumni themselves. Creates/manages strategy for recruiting, cultivating, and engaging alumni through class reunions, events, and programs for a specific school or unit. Plans and develops communication methods directed at alumni on an on-going basis. Recruits, cultivates and provides direction to volunteer leadership. Represents designated program/school within the division. Fosters relationships with other campus offices, schools/divisions. Monitors program budget. May manage event budgets. Performs related responsibilities as required.
Additional Job Details
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Associate Director may be required to:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with board, chapter and affinity alumni organizations under supervision.
- Represent the department or serve as primary contact working with other departments across the division/University.
- Maintain information on selected alumni and prospects including contact reports in CRM system.
- Meet division metrics for visit preparation, qualification, contact reports, visits, referrals, and accurate coding using the CRM system.
- Track and evaluate program metrics and produce reports on program and event participants to provide an analysis of populations served and inform on goals for respective volunteer programs.
- Manage technology/information and master database software and applications with the ability to assess data used to determine the use of resources.
- Research potential prospects for volunteer and engagement opportunities.
- Develop and conduct individual and training programs, orientations, and written materials for alumni programs.
- Develop, lead, and train colleagues and volunteers to execute digital engagement campaigns/programs in support of increased connectivity and presence across digital alumni communities.
- Maintain knowledge/expertise of best practices and current trends for alumni engagement.
- Some night and weekend work is required. Some travel may be necessary.