Publicolor, a not for profit organization, is seeking a detail oriented, collaborative and mission-driven individual for a full time Accounting Manager position. He/she/they will be responsible for general day to day accounting functions, which may including A/P, A/R, weekly program expenses, general accounting, bank/credit card reconciliations, program budgets and financial reports, and assisting the CFO in all financial matters. Publicolor has a $3.6 million annual budget. This position will work in close collaboration with one other accounting manager, and will report to the CFO.
Publicolor is a 25 year-old youth development organization in New York City that engages high-risk students in their education through a multi-day, multi-year continuum of design-based programs that empower them for success in school, college, career, and life. Unlike most other youth organizations that focus on high-achieving, low-income students, Publicolor deliberately targets those students who are at high risk of dropping out. Our project-based learning models succeed in engaging them in their education year-round. 240 New York City schools and 231 under-resourced community sites have been Publicolored since 1996 – affecting 880,000 students and teachers, and 2,495,000 residents of low-income communities. And for the past years, 100% of our students finished high school on time, and 100% went on to college or to post-secondary accreditation programs. Publicolor has been honored twice at the White House (Clinton and Obama).
- Work with Development Department to ensure all revenue is accurately recorded and reconciled.
- Generates invoices for Department of Education billing and other program activities.
- Prepares Aging of Accounts Receivable and follows up collections of old accounts.
- Prepares budgets and reports to support Development and Program Departments.
- Verifies weekly accounting of program expenses and adjust entries accordingly.
- Verifies incoming bills for validity and accuracy of charges. Processes Accounts Payable and prepares checks for approval.
- Prepares bank and credit cards reconciliation statements.
- Prepares annual state charitable registration for all relevant states.
- Prepares account analysis as required by the CFO.
- Prepares payroll and payroll related matters.
- Ensure supporting documents are accurate for audit purposes.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum two years not-for-profit accounting experience, and five years accounting experience overall.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP for non-profit organizations.
- Ability to think strategically in solving critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly skilled in using QuickBooks Online or other accounting software.
- Strong proficiency in using Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Desire to work in a collaborative organization.
- Flexibility to support any aspect of finance, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or equivalent education and/or work experience.
What We Offer:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Publicolor offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer organization.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.