Chief Financial Officer and Chief External Affairs Officer
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Envision Unlimited and United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago (UCP Seguin) are entering into a strategic partnership that will create a stronger advocate for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities and those with mental illness. Working together, they will be able to expand services, serve more people, and achieve greater effectiveness. The new organization’s mission is to provide high-quality programs so that all people with disabilities, regardless of their ability, reach their full potential and achieve their greatest level of choice, independence, and inclusion in their communities.
Envision Unlimited and UCP Seguin will require a savvy Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead all areas related to financial strategy for the new organization, which in turn will support each affiliate member. The CFO will work directly with the CEO and executive leadership team to create, initiate, analyze, and recommend changes in the areas of organizational revenue and expenses. Candidates must have carried responsibility for all areas of finance in an organization with an operating budget of $100,000,000 or more.
The newly created role of Chief External Affairs Officer (CEAO) will lead all elements of externally facing strategy, driving organizational impact recognition and stakeholder engagement within the new organization. The CEAO reports directly to the CEO, serves as a member of the Executive Team, and leads a department of 8-10 Marketing and Communications, Development, and Government Affairs team members. Candidates must have held responsibility for all areas of marketing and fundraising in an organization with an annual philanthropy goal of at least $5M and an operating budget of $100,000,000 or more.
Chief Financial Officer Requirements Include:
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow management, advanced cost allocation, GAAP, Medicaid and other third-party billing, and general finance and budgeting.
- Knowledge of:
- Financial planning and strategy
- Financial risk management
- Managing profitability
- Budget design, creation, and development
- Data analysis and forecasting methods
- Financial laws, regulations, and risk management practices
- Minimum of 10 years in managerial/leadership roles in Financial Administration.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance required; CPA preferred.
Chief External Affairs Officer Requirements Include:
- At least 10 years of senior leadership experience, with at least 5 years of experience in combined marketing and fundraising roles.
- Outstanding major gift and planned gift fundraising record in a complex nonprofit environment.
- Experience working with foundations and overseeing the development of proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to steer the development of an organizational brand and identity.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
Envision Unlimited and UCP Seguin are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Both positions offer a competitive salary at + / - $170,000 with strong benefits.
TO APPLY ONLINE FOR EITHER POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://kees2success.com/current-searches
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE. Questions may be addressed to Kiana Martin at email@example.com.
Both searches are being managed by KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search), a nonprofit executive search firm that builds diverse teams and dynamic leaders. A woman owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.