Executive & Events Assistant
The Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation for Ovarian Cancer
Research (Tina’s Wish, www.tinaswish.org) is a registered
501(c)(3) organization which funds scientific research to find an
early detection screen for ovarian cancer.
Tina’s Wish is seeking an Executive & Events Assistant. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, creative, motivated self-starter, who focuses on the big picture while paying attention to the details and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The individual possesses an exceptional work ethic, striving for excellence in all tasks big and small. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to for hands-on experience in a rapidly growing nonprofit by supporting the Foundation’s daily activities and fundraising events.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executive Support: Support Executive Director’s preparation for meetings; Prepare monthly financial reconciliation; Assist with special projects in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Donor Relations: Track progress on annual and event specific fundraising goals; Manage donor acknowledgements and fundraising database.
- Event Support: Attend and support on-site local events; Manage registration and volunteers; Coordinate outreach and logistics for donor events; Coordinate email and mail fundraising campaigns; Works closely with the Events & Communications Manager.
- Communications:Update/maintain Foundation’s website; Creatively compose and manage communications, mailings and collateral material (electronic and hardcopy); Maintain email/mailing lists and ensure up to date contact information for all external stakeholders.
- Grant Management: Assist in the organization of the grant initiation and grant review process; Maintain grant agreements.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated track record of follow-through.
- A ‘can-do’ mindset, positive orientation to problem solving; self-starter; reliable; high energy; professional demeanor; uncompromising work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplary capacity to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Disciplined time management and ability to prioritize.
- A track record for going the extra mile, consistently taking initiative, thinking ahead and demonstrating extra effort in order to exceed expectations.
- Strong data and database management skills, ability to create queries and run reports within the donor management system.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook required.
- Knowledge of the following systems is a bonus but not required (please indicate your knowledge/familiarity/proficiency of the following systems in your cover letter) eTapestry, Quickbooks, Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva, Social Media.
- In a ‘post-COVID’ world the ability to work occasional evenings for events (approximately 1 per month); within the virtual environment the ability to work occasional non-traditional hours.
- 1–3 years of relevant work experience is a plus (prior volunteer experience can substitute for full-time work experience).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Commitment to or interest in women’s health.
Office: Currently the position is remote and in office work is determined month to month. This role is expected to return to in-office (potential for hybrid) work once the climate is deemed safe.
Physical Demands: The day-to-day operations of this role require the use of a laptop or desktop as well as standard office equipment; the ability to appear and participate in video conferences and to coordinate event logistics and set-up at off-site locations.
How to Apply
For immediate and confidential consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume (in pdf format) to email@example.com. Indicate your name and “Executive & Events Assistant” in the subject line (e.g. Subject: J. Doe Executive & Events Assistant). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Tina’s Wish offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package including generous contribution to health care premium, IRA matching contribution, annual bonus and PTO.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Tina’s Wish.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Apply for Executive & Events Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly