Senior Director, Fundraising and Business Development
NAFSA: Association of International Educators invites applications from highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join our team as the Senior Director, Fundraising and Business Development.
This newly created position reports directly to the Executive Director and CEO and is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the design, development, and execution of comprehensive fundraising and revenue-generating programs. Additionally, this position has a paramount role in expanding NAFSA’s funding sources through developing new relationships, especially with entities beyond the field of international education.
Founded in 1948, NAFSA is the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive association of professionals dedicated to international higher education. Guided by the values expressed in its strategic plan, NAFSA’s goals are to educate, advocate, and innovate to advance international education. NAFSA has approximately 10,000 members in over 130 countries and hosts the world’s largest international education annual conference & exposition.
This role requires a skilled fundraising professional who can effectively influence and promote support for international education. Leading an experienced team managing organizational advancement, conference exhibition, and sponsorship activities, the Senior Director develops strategies to identify opportunities for greater engagement through external partnerships at the regional, national, and international level.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Direct the design and execution of an effective strategic fundraising program
- Direct a team of strategic revenue partners to ensure collaboration and consolidate organizational revenue-generating endeavors
- Collaborate with the CEO to manage and facilitate development activity with donors and prospects
- Oversee the development and maintenance of sustainable engagement activities with individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Establish and manage a portfolio of strong relationships with corporations, foundations, and similar organizations
- Oversee development of grant and funding proposals and work collaboratively with other staff to meet application and reporting deadlines for donors
The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative leader who is equally adept at working with experienced internal leaders and partnering with external supporters. The individual will be knowledgeable, well-organized, and resourceful, and possess extensive experience engaging high level institutional contacts to meet or exceed short-term and long-term revenue goals.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of NAFSA’s work and appreciation for the association’s mission. Based on decades of commitment, NAFSA believes that diversity in our classrooms, our communities, and our workplace is our strength.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of direct experience fundraising through individual, corporation, and foundation donations
- Experience working with non-profit or educational organizations
- Demonstrated success cultivating and maintaining multiple donors, including corporate and foundation relationships, and successfully converting prospects to donors
- Experience with grant writing and proposal development
- Commitment to NAFSA’s mission and support for diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and well-being for all
- Advanced degree
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association membership organizations
- Experience working with higher education institutions
- Experience managing a collaborative team of sales, fundraising, or development professionals
- Ability to speak a language other than English highly desirable
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced strategist interested in leading the development and implementation of new revenue capacities. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience and providing specific examples of successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
The link to apply and full position description is available at: https://nafsa.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/a13589a9-db9c-227f-1dc9-623d8a90019d/apply?source=1508653-CS-30423