Director of Corporate Relations
Director of Corporate Relations
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Director of Corporate Relations
University of San Francisco (USF) is recognized nationally and internationally as a leading Jesuit Catholic, urban University with a tremendously diverse student and faculty population and a global perspective. Established as San Francisco's first institution of higher education in 1855, the University is deeply embedded in the intellectual, spiritual, and cultural life of one of the most innovative, diverse, and dynamic cities in the world. USF presently serves over 11,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in Arts and Sciences, Education, Law, Management, and Nursing and Health Professions and has 1,217 faculty members. The University is currently engaged in the largest campaign in the University's history to date. The Changing the World from Here: Campaign for the University of San Francisco is aimed at raising $300 million for scholarships and financial aid, programs, and new learning spaces. To date this campaign has raised over $250 million in an effort to expand the reach and impact of USF's mission while engaging our over 100,000 alumni around the world.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Director of Corporate Relations manages and increases the levels of support and participation of corporate funders at the University of San Francisco. The Director of Corporate Relations is many things in addition to fundraiser: strategist, coach, relationship builder, collaborator, facilitator, and leader. The Director understands the needs, motivations and priorities of corporations and will help the Department of CFR develop a plan for cultivating corporate funders that aligns the University's mission-driven priorities with funding opportunities. The Director will bring a fresh perspective and creative approach to partnering USF with leading corporations—locally, regionally and beyond. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the latest strategies and trends influencing corporate social responsibility (CSR) and is able to skillfully connect each individual corporate prospect's areas of interest with the priorities needs of USF faculty and students. The Director will assess the University's current corporate relationships, building on what currently exists and create new avenues to maximize corporate giving. This role serves as a member of the broader CFR team, and will educate and advise faculty, staff, and University leadership on ways to grow the University's corporate relationships.
Full Job Description:
● Establish annual performance and financial goals in conjunction with the Senior Director, CFR ; develop and implement plans to achieve those goals and expand the University's network of corporate partners on a local, state, national and eventually global level
● Supervise work of student interns
● Active solicitation and management of a portfolio of 50-75 prospects, including external meetings and campus site visits. Grow the pipeline of new corporate funders and implement moves management strategies to increase current levels of giving, sponsorship with a focus on gifts of $10K+.
● Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with the Engagement, Major Gifts and Prospect Development teams to support institutional prospect research for campaign and presidential initiatives.
● Create alliances with key University departments interfacing with prospective corporate donors such as Alumni Engagement, Career Services, Athletics, and Student Leadership and Engagement, while working to engage alumni connections.
● Collaborate with the Engagement team on development of a comprehensive corporate fundraising strategy and plan for key University wide events such as Welcome Weekend, the Women in Leadership and Philanthropy Symposium, Silk Speaker Series, CelebrateUSF, and Athletic Development events as opportunities arise.
● Strategize with Development officers, Deans, and faculty to identify prospects and create cultivation and solicitation plans to secure funds for institutional priorities. Engage University leadership and faculty in the solicitation and cultivation of prospects as appropriate.
● Build and maintain active relationships with University departments, Athletics, and Schools/Colleges particularly Financial Aid,Business and Finance, and Career Services.
● Work with Development Coordinator to develop briefing documents and presentation materials for use by leadership, faculty, and Development colleagues.
● Act as a representative of the University and its interests in external forums and donor meetings.
● Work with the Development team to build a culture of philanthropy at USF through internal website, faculty training, and networking at internal events as appropriate.
● Manage and work closely with Communications on recognition of sponsors in communications re. sponsorships, and analysis of impact of communications (views, click-throughs, etc.)
● Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
● 7-10 years of Development experience, with at least five years of successfully soliciting and stewarding 5 and 6-figure foundation and corporate grants.
● Highly developed written, verbal, research, and editorial skills, preferably demonstrated in an academic setting; ability to synthesize information and compose clear and effective prose.
● Experience juggling multiple priorities with stakeholders from across the campus. Ability to deliver when faced with competing deadlines; strong organizational and leadership skills and an attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to conduct independent donor research on prospective institutional (corporate and foundation) funders.
● Committed customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to work patiently, persuasively, and effectively with a wide variety of people, including students, faculty, staff, donors, trustees, volunteers and alumni.
● Superior problem-solving skills; the ability to listen and hear multiple viewpoints and make tough decisions; and a sense of when to ask for assistance.
● Aptitude for learning new and developing software/CRM such as Salesforce, Cvent, and project management/productivity tools.
● Sense of humor; desire and ability to work as part of a team; and willingness to collaborate with stakeholders across campus is key.
● Strong work ethic coupled with a hands-on approach.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Director--Corporate-Partnerships_R0002828-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.