Development Specialist, Social and Environmental Justice Nonprofit Organization
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Position: Development Specialist
- Assist the president/chief executive and the organization with fund development, fundraising, and special events.
- Play an integral role in expanding the organization’s funding base.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and sustain new funders.
- Foster positive relationships with the organization’s supporters.
- Assist in identifying and cultivating giving programs with small, medium, and large individual donors; prioritize prospects; document all contacts; and track and document progress.
- Conduct research on prospective support from private foundations, government grants, and corporate, civic, and individual donors.
- Meet with or present to foundations on the president/chief executive’s and organization’s behalf.
- Help develop grant proposals and track grants and reports.
- Inform the production of individual and group fundraising appeals.
- Help with acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Inform media materials for distribution.
- Other duties as assigned by the president/chief executive
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience in development and/or fundraising, preferably in one or more of the following fields: social justice, environmental justice, human rights, animal protection, global public health, and/or other humanitarian causes
- College-level education and/or specialized/continuing education in the field of development
- At least three professional references
Essential Qualities: Trustworthy and acts with integrity; professional; reliable; respectful; organized; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture; strong organizational skills; impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to meet all deadlines; problem-solving and decision-making skills; self-motivated and self-sufficient; and the ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
Compensation: This is a part-time consulting position. Compensation is negotiable.
Expense Reimbursement: As agreed upon in advance and consistent with Company policy
Apply for Development Specialist, Social and Environmental Justice Nonprofit Organization
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Albuquerque
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Albuquerque
- Donor Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Albuquerque
- Grant Seeking Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Albuquerque
- Major Gifts Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Albuquerque