Mystic Seaport Museum is looking for a self-starter to join the
Advancement Department. Working closely with the Associate
Director, Foundation and Government Relations, the Grants Manager
will prepare grant applications, administer active grants and
prepare reports, research for new sources of funding, build and
track project budgets and maintain the grants schedule.
A remote work arrangement will be permitted with frequent travel required to Mystic, CT.
- Work as part of a team or independently to prepare grant applications, stewardship correspondence, and report writing.
- Research and identify new sources of major foundation and government funding sources to support institutional priorities, including new initiatives.
- Support project budget development, tracking and financial reporting in partnership with project directors and finance department.
- Develop and maintain a fluid annual grants schedule to monitor specific and rolling grant and report deadlines, projected outcome dates and other deadlines;
- Along with Associate Director, monitor active grants to ensure
successful and on-time project implementation within specified
Maintain portfolio of active, pending and planned grant proposals.
- Maintain grant-related records.
- Prepare the monthly internal grant activity report for Senior and Board Leadership.
- Other projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, with an aptitude for managing multiple projects and priorities, and an ability to work well under pressure. Ability to write concisely and produce professional, high quality results are critical. Discretion and an ability to handle confidential matters with integrity is imperative.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years' experience in nonprofit administration, fundraising, grants management, budget development and reports, prospect research or comparable skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Raiser’s Edge, and Financial Edge;
- Knowledge of/facility with prospect research tools and resources;
- Willingness to take direction and work collaboratively or independently;
- Strong organizational skills, productivity and initiative.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Creative problem-solving skills, calm demeanor, and sense of humor essential!
For the full job posting and to apply, please visit https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3433526