4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
World Connect is a growing U.S.-based non-profit organization making grants internationally to promote locally-led development across the Global South, prioritizing initiatives that advance women and girl leadership. World Connect also runs programming to engage Americans in advocating for its international projects, cultivating the next generation of globally engaged Americans. World Connect has launched 1,750+ projects that have impacted more than one million individuals worldwide.
World Connect is seeking a Development Manager who will support the growth of the organization’s marketing and development work. The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to sustain and grow the organization’s annual giving program, develop new institutional relationships, produce and distribute media content, and organize online and in-person events.
- Manage the organization’s Salesforce and Mailchimp databases and moves management system to ensure that our networks, gifts, prospects, communications, and distribution lists are accurately maintained
- Produce regular reports and presentations on fundraising progress for organization leadership and board meetings as requested
- Produce well written correspondence for donors, prospects, grant applications, corporate social responsibility opportunities, and media
- Organize calls and meetings with strategic new partners to build awareness and networks
- Support annual report writing, production, and distribution
- Support the planning and implementation of World Connect’s annual fundraising event and other smaller prospecting and stewardship events throughout the year in the U.S., UK, and other countries where World Connect is building its network
- Maintain World Connect social media accounts
- Support the scheduling, agenda development, correspondence, and follow-up of the organization’s Development Committee
- Support the Executive Director in other development activities as needed
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: New York City base, remote work ok
The Development Manager will be mission-driven and team oriented and ready and willing to support the growth of an innovative non-profit. This is a great opportunity for a solid development professional looking for growth experience to build a strong foundation in fundraising and organization development.
Applicants should have the following:
- At least 5 years experience working in fundraising for a global non-profit
- Dedication to the mission of locally-led international development, global poverty reduction, and the promotion of global equity
- A track record of fundraising success in individual and institutional giving
- Superb interpersonal communication skills along with meticulous writing and editing skills
- Excellent time management skills, be self-directed, and be highly efficient and organized
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- Foreign language competency a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally required
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate ‘Development Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Apply for Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly