Manager, Individual Giving
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. CIVIC envisions a world in which no civilian is harmed in conflict. Our mission is to support communities affected by conflict in their quest for protection and strengthen the resolve and capacity of armed actors to prevent and respond to civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org.
About the Position
The successful candidate will implement the overall individual giving strategy and goals in coordination with the Senior Manager for Development, as well as other members of the team. The incumbent will support CIVIC by identifying, recruiting, cultivating, and soliciting individuals to provide financial support for the organization. The ideal candidate is able to use the wide array of information at his/her disposal across the organization to independently develop products tailored to the needs of each donor. As Board liaison, the incumbent will also support the Executive Director and the rest of the Senior Management Team in their engagement with CIVIC’s board of directors and assist in the writing of high-quality donor outreach materials geared to different audiences.
As part of the Development department, the Individual Giving Manager implements all aspects of the individual giving and board engagement, including:
- Identifying, prioritizing, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from individuals. Assessing the linkages, affinity and capacity of existing and prospective donors, and developing a robust pipeline of major gifts’ prospects;
- Maintaining a high volume of personal contacts and involvement activities for current and prospective donors;
- Developing portfolio of qualified donor prospects and working collaboratively across CIVIC’s offices and functional programs to identify individuals who qualify as potential prospects
- Executing the full range of moves management techniques to secure gifts from HNWI including mailings, small donor cultivation events, creative impact reporting, and thoughtful sustained engagement activities;
- Implementing, and managing a comprehensive annual fund campaign that includes direct mail, in-person, email, web-based, and social media solicitations with an emphasis on unrestricted gifts;
- Creating and coordinating a recognition event(s) (in-person or virtual) for annual campaign donors, such as a dinner or other exclusive setting;
- Working closely with the Communications team to repackage and create new marketing materials and a social media strategy to attract prospective donors;
- Working with a third-party vendor to assess the desirability of conducting a direct mail acquisition strategy; and
- Maintaining robust records tracking of all activities with donors through the donor database (Salesforce).
Board Relations (25%)
- Organizing and coordinating CIVIC’s board meetings (three times a year), and ensuring that the Boar portal is up to date;
- Forming and enhancing relationships with members of CIVIC’s Board to generate broader support for CIVIC’s mission and priority programs;
- Serving as primary staff liaison to the board of directors and working closely with members on their individual fundraising commitments and reaching out to their networks as sources of funding for CIVIC;
- Responsible for Global and Subsidiary Board Management including adherence to By-laws, meeting requirements, conflict of interest statements, etc.
- Staffing board development committee meetings by preparing meeting materials and agendas and following up with individual board/committee members to ensure that their development tasks are executed in a timely manner.
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years of experience in individual giving. Solid track-record in securing major gifts from high-net-worth individuals.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising, preferably in a highly complex environment within a non-profit, policy, membership or advocacy-oriented organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft/Google Applications.
- Experience using development search tools and fundraising databases is strongly preferred. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- International experience or interest in international security, conflict resolution and/or peacebuilding.
CIVIC provides an innovative benefits package geared toward attracting and retaining high potential individuals and includes a competitive salary and flexible leave package (including all government holidays and the week between Christmas and the New Year). We also offer employer paid health benefits (medical, vision and dental), life and disability insurance, a 403b retirement savings plan with employer-matched contributions (up to 5% of salary), and a professional development allowance.
Deadline: March 15, 2021 (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Development
Location: Washington DC or New York