Director of Development
Mosaic is a non-profit professional theater company known for “authentic engagement with our troubled world that comes by its hope for healing not wishfully, but honestly, with a storytelling and truth-telling that stuns and moves.” (John Stoltenberg, DCMetroTheaterArts). Mosaic is a family of 15 full-time teammates and an engaged Board, committed to anti-oppressive practices. With an annual budget of about $2M, we produce a season of six intercultural plays supported by robust public programming and educational opportunities. www.mosaictheater.org
At this time, Mosaic is operating fully remotely.
Personally responsible for raising
about $.5M from individual and corporate portfolios; Oversees
institutional giving of about $1M.
Position Reports to the
Managing Director and Producer.
Position Supervises the Donor
Relations Manager, who is responsible for
acknowledgements, data collection, budget reconciliation, and donor
cultivation events and the Manager of Institutional
Giving, who is responsible for government and foundation
Position is a member of a leadership
team of department heads.
- Collaborate with Leadership and Board to set annual and long-term strategic budget goals and fundraising expectations.
- Serve as liaison for the Chair of the Board of Directors, including supporting board communications, organizing Board and certain Committee meetings.
- Prepare for and report regularly, accurately and transparently on the attainment of departmental goals at Board Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings and Finance Committee meetings.
- Create and implement an annual development plan to guide activities of the department.
- Own Board-giving portfolio.
- Own corporate and individual giving portfolios, including underwriting campaigns, renewals, end-of-calendar-year giving, and the cultivation and securing of new prospects.
- Maintain strong relationships with major donors, through regular personal outreach and facilitation of connections with theater management.
- Manage Mosaic’s annual Taste of Spring fundraiser and donor cultivation events throughout the year.
- Stay on top of advancements and changes that are pertinent to raising money within the community, to the organization's mission and programs, and to the development profession
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
experience or equivalent.
Organized and inspiring team leader,
who is able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people,
and to motivate staff, volunteers and donors.
Strong interpersonal, supervision,
administration and management skills.
resilient, and of impeccable integrity.
Resourcefulness, creativity, and
strong problem-solving skills.
Familiarity with donor tracking
systems and fundraising software and tools including Patron Manager
and iWave preferred.
Ability to forecast and evaluate the
potential of fund-raising campaigns and activities.
Demonstrated commitment to
accountability and measuring outcomes.
Health, Dental and Vision
Three weeks paid time off
To apply, please send: 1. Cover Letter and 2. Resume to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please indicate where you found this ad.
Mosaic Theater Company of DC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants who understand and embrace the Mosaic’s mission to make transformational and socially-relevant art. Mosaic Theater is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment of any kind. We believe that corporations’ bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ people, women, and people from working class backgrounds. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we encourage and welcome applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.