Senior Development Officer
Mercy Medical Center, an independent community teaching hospital in Baltimore Maryland, seeks a Senior Development Officer to play a key role in developing and advancing donor relationships and encouraging increased giving through the execution of cultivation and stewardship strategies for prospects and donors to Mercy Medical Center. The Senior Development Officer fulfills an important role – internally and externally – representing the institution to volunteers, clinicians, prospects, and donors.
The Senior Development Officer will:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private philanthropic support from individuals, with a particular focus on gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Serve as the primary liaison to assigned physicians, departments, or programs. Build and nurture effective working relationships with management, department chiefs, clinicians, administrators, and volunteers to identify funding needs and to prepare the case for support
- Maintain attention to detail as well as grasp the big picture, while advancing individual relationships along the continuum of donor activity.
- Maintain prospect interactions and status using the Mercy Health Foundation constituent database, Raiser’s Edge
- Participate in and develop donor recognition initiatives, including special programs, and naming opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success in securing philanthropic support from individuals with a minimum of five to seven years of experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working within a complex, multi-departmental environment.
- Strategic and analytic thinking, organization, and the ability to motivate and gain cooperation from a wide range of individuals
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team