About the Rabbi Arthur Schneier Park East Day
Established over forty years ago for boys and girls ages preschool through grade 8, Park East Day School celebrates academic excellence and Jewish identity and tradition. Founded by Rabbi Schneier, spiritual leader of Park East Synagogue since 1962, the School’s ethos reflects his lifelong devotion to Jewish education and his feeling that we must educate our youth to celebrate diversity, coexistence, mutual understanding, and acceptance. We benefit on a daily basis from our unique relationship with Park East Synagogue. The Park East Day School’s motto, “From Generation to Generation” illustrates our feeling that the education of our children provides the next link in a chain of their heritage and history.
We are a cosmopolitan school, small by design, with gifted, creative, positive teachers, an international student body, a close-knit involved parent body, and a fast-paced award-winning curriculum. In a joyful environment, considerate of individual talents and abilities, our students build a foundation of creative and critical thinking that kindles a lifelong love of learning while inspiring then to “perfect an imperfect world” through shining deeds of compassion, justice, and charity. An excellent General Studies and Judaic Studies education enables our students to become leaders and creative participants in a global society, comfortable in a multicultural world.
The Rabbi Arthur Schneier Park East Day School seeks a dedicated Grant Writer to craft strong, compelling grant proposals for our School. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and appropriate proposals to support our program goals. The Grant Writer must have a proven record of prior success and must be a collaborator and team player comfortable interacting with School administration and faculty.
It is essential that successful candidates possess excellent writing skills, be familiar with foundation and corporate sources of support, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to our mission.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Fully understand our School’s mission and programs
- Develop a proficient knowledge of the School’s history
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents
- Collaborate with our Head of School and Executive Director to understand the School’s needs, program objectives, and goals
- Maintain records
Grant Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years successful grant writing experience
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals
- Proficient with most up to date fundraising software
- Possess excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Have superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exhibit strong people skills
- Be organized
Apply for Grant Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly