Philanthropy Director and Major Gifts Officer
Under the direction of Bryan Health’s Vice President for Advancement and Chief Development Officer you will serve as the Director of Philanthropy and Major Gift Officer. The primary entities this position supports are the Bryan Foundation, Bryan Medical Center, and Bryan College of Health Sciences. Consultative responsibilities for other system entities is expected when needed. In addition to philanthropic consultative responsibilities, managing a personal portfolio of major and principal gift prospects, ensuring organizational adherence to federal and state requirements, adopting new technologies to cultivate and secure financial supporters, and alignment of philanthropic messaging with the Bryan Health brand standards and initiatives is paramount. Leading a team of development professionals, this position will work closely with leaders in the advancement department, volunteers and customer care, senior leadership, management accounting, Bryan Foundation trustees, and will be a visible external representative of Bryan Health to community influencers.HOW WILL YOU QUALIFY?
A Masters Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field is required. Minimum of five years of broad development experience, or ten years of transferal experience in managing relationships and employees with proven results (i.e. sales and service experience).WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH DAILY?
You will have daily contact with Major Gift and Development Officers, and stewardship personnel. You will have regular contact with Advancement and Volunteers and Customer Care leadership, Bryan Health Directors, Bryan Foundation Trustees, Bryan Health senior leadership, as well as financial planners, attorneys, and accountants.WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR TIME (not all inclusive)
- Securing Major Gifts
- Leading and motivating a team to advance Bryan Health as a progressive non-profit and a worth recipient of philanthropic gifts and service.
- Ensuring development policies and procedures meet all compliance requirements.
- Ensuring major gift portfolios and data base management are actively managed.
- Set goals and budget with the Vice President for Advancement and CDO.
- Serve on committees and task forces to communicate philanthropic opportunities and influence.
- Draft correspondence and memoranda.
- Work with legal to negotiate, draft and review organizational documents related to gift matters – including real estate, equipment, trusts, development service agreements, and other documents necessary to support the philanthropic operations of Bryan Health.