Director of Learning & Impact
Director of Learning and Impact
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable
Trust is seeking a Director of Learning
and Impact to work at the intersection of strategy,
planning, grantmaking, and evaluation. This position leads and
supports the Trust’s efforts to both demonstrate the impact of our
work and learn from our experiences in ways that sharpen our theory
and practice. While striving to maintain independence and
objectivity in planning and assessment of the Trust’s work, the
Director of Learning and Impact analyzes and structures knowledge
to frame options, generate insights, and draw conclusions that
allow the Trust to iteratively refine its strategies for impact in
North Carolina. Our work is centered in equity, systems change, and
About Us and What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve, long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
- Develop and operationalize an equity-grounded learning agenda.
- Establish evaluation priorities through close collaboration with Trust Leadership and program staff.
- Design and expand the trust data infrastructure system.
- Continue to evolve and sharpen the trust metrics and evaluation to measure progress and impact.
- Act as an internal advisor on strategy design, development of evaluation frameworks, and internal review processes.
- Examine research and literature to make recommendations that strengthen the Trust’s strategies aimed at meaningful impact.
- Work with senior leadership to communicate evaluation results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent the Trust within the philanthropic and nonprofit evaluation and assessment community.
Important Qualifications to Your Success
- Experience in developing a results-driven and collaborative culture.
- Deep commitment to equity.
- Master’s Degree in Research or related field of study is required, Ph.D. is preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience in research and evaluation; experience with non-profits or philanthropic entities is preferred.
- Sound strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, learning, and growth.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with different learning styles.
- Skilled in change management and influencing organizational thinking.
What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (the Trust pays the entire cost of employee-only benefits coverage)
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) funded by The Trust
- Company-paid STD, Life, and AD&D benefits. Partial paid LTD, Long Term Care
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- PTO and paid holidays
- Salary range for the Director of Learning and Impact position: $115k - $125k
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume.
- Cover letter.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video or phone interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.