Director of Development, Adaptive Recreation
Eagle Mount’s Director of Development is responsible for furthering the mission of Eagle Mount by raising funds, overseeing organizational development activities, supervising development staff, building strategic relationships, and representing Eagle Mount with donors and the public. In addition to overseeing general fundraising efforts, the Director of Development is expected to manage a portfolio of approximately 100-125+ donors and prospects through active identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This position will provide leadership in creating, implementing, and monitoring the annual development plan and the important responsibility of establishing relationships with donors and working with donors to ensure that donor intent is honored. This position reports to the Executive Director, serves as a member of the management team, and interacts with the Eagle Mount board and staff members, participants, volunteers, family members, community members, and donors.
- Adhere to all Eagle Mount policies, procedures, and guidelines; maintain confidentially of all participants.
- Represent Eagle Mount in a professional and courteous manner.
- Support and advocate for the organization and its affiliated programs and partners.
- Maintain healthy relationships with Eagle Mount community including participants, volunteers, and staff.
- Attend to administrative duties, attend required meetings, and staff training events.
- Exhibit patience, respect for others, appropriate stress management, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Develop and implement fundraising plans and associated strategic prospect plans.
- Prepare, lead and collaborate with staff, campaign committee, board members, and volunteers to successfully raise private funds for Eagle Mount’s upcoming comprehensive campaign.
- Engage in 150+ meaningful face to face meetings annually.
- Craft and oversee Eagle Mount’s direct mail solicitation strategy.
- Oversee, steward, and grow legacy giving society.
- As Eagle Mount programs grow, secure new funding sources to ensure the organization’s sustainability.
- Lead prospect research and management.
- Serves as an integral member of the organization’s management team.
- Manage accuracy of Eagle Mount’s donor database, generate and submit regular reports, serve as primary resource for donor software
- Engages in long-range planning and goal-setting.
- Prepares clear, concise, and comprehensive reports.
- Monitors and maintains activities within approved budget guidelines.
- Provide inspiring leadership and supervision to development staff.
- Attend relevant board/committee meetings as appropriate.
- Help instill a culture of philanthropy within Eagle Mount.
- Maintain professional knowledge; complete appropriate professional development activities.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of Eagle Mount.
- 7+ years of development experience with increasing responsibility.
- Previous capital or comprehensive campaign experience with demonstrated success securing major and planned gifts.
- Appreciation of Eagle Mount’s mission.
- Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of people.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and a coalition builder spirit.
- CFRE designation
- CEP, FCEP, CAP designation
- Experience building and engaging nation-wide giving circles
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, fax machine and copy machine, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from Bozeman, MT; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position, $60,000 - $90,000 DOE. Excellent benefits package includes: $600 monthly contribution toward agency sponsored health/dental/vision, 4% 403(b) retirement match, generous PTO and the opportunity to work in a mission-driven culture.
How to Apply
If interested, please respond with a resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, preference will be given to applications received by March 19, 2021.
For a complete job description, please visit eaglemount.org/employment
Apply for Director of Development, Adaptive Recreation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly