Donor Stewardship and Events Manager
John Carroll University invites qualified candidates to apply for a full-time Donor Stewardship and Events Manager position. John Carroll University has a rich history of generous donors that has enabled the institution to grow and expand programs, facilities, endowments, and provide scholarship support. Currently, the University’s endowment is in excess of $270 million with an additional $70 million in pledges. The Manager will oversee the stewardship program for all donors to the University, including the planning and implementation of special events. The Manager will be responsible for the design of sustainable programs with measurable objectives that achieve institutional goals, and will be expected to report at least quarterly on outcomes. Ideal candidates should have outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively across campus with creativity, curiosity, and a passion about the value of Jesuit higher education. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, stewardship and event planning. Experience in planning online donor events a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute a comprehensive donor stewardship and events program to help generate new and renewed gifts from alumni, friends, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- Create new approaches and maintain current methods to successfully steward and engage contributions on a more personal level, including in-person and online events, as well as targeted marketing.
- Work closely with Advancement staff to report to donors on the use of their gifts and manage the creation and presentation of annual individualized endowment reports.
- Arrange meetings between donors and campus beneficiaries, plan recognition events, and resolve issues on behalf of donors and our campus community.
- Design strategic donor stewardship communications including social media, e-blasts, year-end reminders, birthday, anniversary, special events, acknowledgements, gift announcements, invitations, newsletter updates and fundraising materials.
- Create a variety of stewardship activities designed to be implemented routinely but able to be personalized depending on the donor’s needs.
- Work with advancement services to establish and maintain accurate records regarding all stewardship activities including gift acknowledgement, gift agreements, scholarship and endowment activity, stewardship event attendance and other activities as needed.
- Oversee planning and execution of in person and online events to maximize use of resources. This includes onsite support of special events and proactive budget management.
- Ensure clear lines of communication among all internal audiences related to donor stewardship: i.e. scholarships, endowments, campus tours, recognition displays, and donor special requests.
- Compose impactful thank you letters for donors at all levels of giving. Establish guidelines for implementing distinctive stewardship activities depending on the type and level of gift.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in advancement related work like fundraising, stewardship and event planning in higher education is preferred.
- Demonstrated philanthropic values and a commitment to service, superior written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, computer proficiency, professional demeanor, a strong work ethic, and confidence.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals is essential to be successful in this position.
- Knowledge of CRM database management and Microsoft Office is expected.
- Knowledge of John Carroll University and Jesuit Catholic education is highly beneficial especially experience with alumni, donors, and executives.
About John Carroll University
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 70 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.
The University enrolls approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.