Project Lazarus helps heal and empower people
living with HIVAIDS by focusing on wellness,
providing housing and offering important support services.
Position Summary: Responsible for the daily operation of the organization, including its programs, services, facilities and resources, and for the implementation of policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors. Candidates should be familiar with and supportive of the Catholic Church, its faith and mission.
Reports To: Chair, Board of Directors and Archbishop of New Orleans
Supervises: Department Directors
Responsible for daily operation of the organization, its programs, facilities, resources, as well as the provision of services, including pastoral care of clients. Management of all paid and volunteer staff, which includes hiring, training, supervising, and termination of executive staff. Facility management, which consists of supervision of all renovations and environment enhancements and approval of all major purchases under advisement of the Board of Directors. Support and direct clinical staff in weekly admissions meetings.
Assessment and evaluation of existing programs, development and implementation of policies, procedures, new programs and services. Implement appropriate quality assurance and quality control measures for services and programs. Coordination of short and long term strategic planning.
Staff liaison to the Board of Directors, all standing committees and sub-committees. Attend Executive, Fund Development, Staff Meetings, and other standing or ad hoc committee meetings as needed. Provide Executive Director’s Report at monthly board meetings. Ensure proper orientation and training of Board members.
Establish and maintain professional communications between Project Lazarus and other community based organizations and funding sources. Liaison to Project Lazarus clients, media contacts, public officials, major donors and foundations, and the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Represent Project Lazarus in organizational and community activities as needed.
Fiscal accountability and responsibility as approved by the Board of Directors. Prepare and oversee annual budget. Responsible for preparation of all financial, statistical, and service related reports.
Negotiate and supervise all contracts and third party agreements under the approval of the board of directors.
Initiate, support grant writing and other fundraising activities. Provide the necessary leadership in all areas of fund development and marketing materials.
Responsible for oversight of all development and fundraising activities. Works closely with Development Director to implement the Development Plan. Oversees the writing of and administration of all grants. Pursues new grant funding opportunities.
Other duties as assigned
Education Requirements, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor‘s degree in appropriate field of study required. Master’s degree proficiency and comparable years of experience recommended.
- Must be able to provide strong leadership and consensus-building in a community-based setting. Experience should include progressive managerial and supervisory responsibility, preferably in a not-for-profit environment, as well as excellent communication, development, planning, implementation, and assessment skills.
- Minimum five years of progressive administrative experience required, seven to ten years preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of and experience working with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse treatment, homelessness, development, financial management, grant writing, housing low income populations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to schedule work production to meet timelines with attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to relate to all persons.
- Must have an understanding of individual needs, behavior and motivation, as well as the ability to develop skills of others.
- Extremely high energy level and leadership abilities are essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products is preferred.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly