Measurement and Learning Specialist
Define American seeks a new addition to our Cultural Strategies team. The Measurement and Learning Specialist will be responsible for evaluating programs and projects, both new and established. The ideal candidate is an expert in program evaluation and will establish, refine and monitor key performance indicators of Define American projects and programs. They will contribute to the refining/revisions of project and program strategies and facilitate team learning sessions based on their findings. Ideal candidates are strategic thinkers, hands-on with evaluation data, and possess an extensive understanding of measuring impact particularly for narrative-based strategies. This position will report directly to the Director of Research and Impact.
- Manage the quarterly measurement and learning reporting process for the Define American team.
- Continually refine and monitor research and evaluation goals and implementation plans.
- Develop clear measurement models related to program strategies and assist in the evaluation processes.
- Establish mechanisms for rapid feedback and learning within projects.
- Create and revise tools and data collection procedures.
- Consult with colleagues cross-departmentally to maximize the impact of projects and ensure optimal learning. This may include: writing wrap reports, convening meetings of key stakeholders, consulting with the fundraising department on reports to funders, and coordinating on dissemination plans.
- This role is responsible for high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field.
Required Travel: 20 – 25%
- Master’s degree or above in a mixed-method field.
- 5+ years of experience in program evaluation.
- Experience with designing and implementing organizational-wide measurement and learning plans.
- Ability to consolidate findings and communicate analysis in meaningful ways to diverse audiences including executive team, staff, funders, and Define American stakeholders when needed.
- Strong written and visual communication skills.
Candidates will be considered nationally.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits available
- The ability to grow with and contribute to a creative, collaborative team on the cutting edge of one of the key issues facing our nation today
- The ability to partner and meet with America’s most notable organizations and leaders in every sector
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your employment application, along with all requested documents, at https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1gcHM9Dt4c803A6bfKMWEiXzsjsW-oh3slOJoY5YqolY/edit?usp=sharing.
NOTE: Define American goes through an incredibly intentional process for hiring new team members and will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Thank you for your patience and interest in joining our family of cultural change-makers!
ABOUT DEFINE AMERICAN:
Define American is an equal opportunity employer and 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.