Advancement Director (Metro New York)
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."Overview
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally powered organization this role serves as a fundraising leader who is responsible for advancement, mission integration, volunteer management and donor cultivation. The Advancement Director is responsible for donor development activity within the designated market area. Relentlessly pursuing cancer cures.Additional Position Information Key Relationships: Reports to: Executive DirectorSupervises: Individual ContributorLeads: Volunteer leaders Responsibilities
- Responsible for organizing mission centered, local donor cultivation events and prospecting high-impact donors for national stewardship activities.
- Partner with Education, Services and Health Research department to effectively communicate the LLS overall mission, programs, resources and priorities. Advancement Accountable for the creation and oversight for the donor relationship revenue, expense budget, timeline.
- Direct fund raising activities with prospective donors by creating and implementing major gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving and donor stewardship strategies and activities.
- Generate and manage a major giving portfolio of 80-100 prospects.
- Develop and write grant proposals for foundations, corporations and public agencies within the designated market area. Meets with those organizations that look most promising.
- Collaborate with national shared services in the Advancement Department and Territory Advancement Directors to identify and secure major gifts based on organizational funding priorities.
- Responsible for individual major giving through the engagement of volunteer leaders.
- Cultivate relationships with key prospects within the designated market area.
- Network for and develop relationships with strategic business professionals and volunteers.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+years of experience in all aspects of donor development, including planned giving, major gifts, institutional giving and foundation giving, with a proven track record of donor identification/solicitation success.
- Ability to make public presentations
- Formal training in major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Local travel up to30%
- Required to work some nights and weekends
More searches like this
- Fundraising Other Fields jobs in Huntington Station
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Other Fields jobs in Huntington Station
- Donor Relations Other Fields jobs in Huntington Station
- Fundraising Administration Other Fields jobs in Huntington Station
- Major Gifts Other Fields jobs in Huntington Station