Development Officer - Conservation
A Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Development Officer is responsible for working in collaboration with other team members, volunteers, and partners to develop new private, corporate, foundation, and public funding relationships and strategic partnerships with the goal of accelerating mission accomplishments through delivery of strategic fundraising initiatives, growing organizational revenue, diversifying revenue streams, and generating additional funds. The Development Officer’s primary responsibility is to develop successful funding relationships that will help accomplish the organization’s strategic priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
- Work collaboratively with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s state, regional, and national team members to successfully execute and deliver the Call of the Uplands® comprehensive campaign.
- Identify and pursue donors, strategic partners, and funders to advance the organization’s priorities with respect to revenue growth, policy development, and mission delivery.
- Develop initiatives consistent with the organization’s strategies that secure new private, corporate, foundation, and government funding opportunities.
- Identify and pursue foundations and corporate entities whose funding priorities are consistent with our mission, while securing funding to achieve shared goals.
- Actively lead and participate in partner and donor cultivation activities designed to increase support for strategic habitat initiatives.
- Work with the Regional Field Teams and Grant Administration Department to ensure that all funding relationships and grant-funded programs are consistent with the organization’s priorities, policies, and administrative capacity requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all team members, corporate partners, volunteers, agencies, and funders to ensure an open, collaborative, and inclusive approach to developing and maintaining programs and funding.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Significant travel involved.
- A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as well as knowledge and appreciation for conservation, hunting, and the outdoors.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with significant relevant business development, fundraising, conservation delivery, partnership development, or commensurate sales experience.
- Seasoned fundraising skills preferred in the area of major gift solicitation, foundation appeals, grant writing, campaign fundraising, and planned giving.
- Experience cultivating, developing, securing, and stewarding successful relationships with private, corporate, federal, state, foundation, and other funding partners.
- An energetic, well organized, detailed, self-starter who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, board members, national team members, volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
- Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
- Working knowledge of real estate transactions, conservation easements, and land use trends is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum three years of experience in successful fundraising, partnership development, and/or exceptional and proven sales and service experience.
Compensation and Location: Starting salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Location negotiable.
Application Closing Date: March 19, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: April 19, 2021
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references in a Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website.
For more information: Contact Jordan L.K. Martincich, Pheasants Forever Director of Development, at 816-560-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.