Director - Child Sponsorship & Monthly Giving
SOS Children's Villages, the world's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the care of orphaned and vulnerable children, operates in 135 countries, including the United States. Our comprehensive approach strengthening families and communities, providing long-term care for children, educating and empowering youth, and advocating for children's rights transforms the lives of millions of children and families each year. Through our global work, we directly contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including No Poverty, Good Health and Well-Being, Quality Education, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Reduced Inequalities and Partnership for the Goals.
Over the last 70 years, our work has been supported by leaders such as the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela and such accomplishments have been recognized with numerous international awards and honors, including 14 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. SOS USA is a member organization to SOS Children's Villages International headquartered in Austria.
SOS Children's Villages USA is at a critical juncture in defining its future successes. The Director of Child Sponsorship & Monthly Giving will report to the Vice President of Development and Communications. SOS USA has decades of knowledge and experience and is seeking someone who is ready to carry out an aggressive and integrated fundraising and marketing strategy. This position will expand the child sponsorship and monthly giving program that will increase the funds raised in the USA that is channeled to support SOS programs in the US and worldwide. This position is responsible for managing and enhancing all aspects of SOS Children's Villages monthly giving and sponsorship programs to include developing and implementing strategies for acquiring, retaining, upgrading, and recapturing sponsors and monthly donors.
Role and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create, implement, and drive annual and multi-year plans to maximize the growth of the sponsorship and monthly donor program.
- Create multiple, cross channel, marketing initiatives to external audiences that enhance sponsor and monthly donor retention, renewal, and acquisition rates.
- Enhance website as key trust builder to demonstrate organization is worthy of investment for all key target audiences: foundations, corporations, major donors, planned givers, and individuals.
- Design and implement all year-round fundraising campaigns to gain monthly donors and sponsors together with team, external agencies and marketing and communications committee.
- Design and implement digital targeting and re-targeting, telemarketing and paid social media campaigns.
- Secure PSA (public service announcement) space across all channels (Out of Home [OOH] digital display advertising, TV, radio, and digital).
- Leverage content, experts, and partners to create compelling campaign assets to bring SOS programs to life for external audiences.
- Coordinates the management of sponsor and monthly donor programs including verbal, written, social media and email communications between sustainers and SOS USA.
- Collaborate with existing team members and processes to strengthen sponsorship and monthly donor stewardship and data entry concerns.
- Collaborates with the teams in the international office ensuring efficient sponsor and monthly donor workflows and leveraging existing best practices.
- Manage sponsorship team. Motivate and lead a dedicated team; attract, recruit and retain required employees not currently in place; provide mentoring and job development to current employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university; preferably in marketing, public relations, business management or a related field
- At least 4 years of experience in the management of an individual giving program with a specific emphasis on membership or child sponsorship acquisition.
- The ability to lead projects that involve multiple departments, consultants, and vendors.
- Strong digital marketing skills, incl. SEO, SEM, social media advertising, Google Analytics, etc.
- Understanding of and competence in CRM management payment providers, email marketing and how those work together.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to report data relating to program performance.
SOS Children's Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, citizenship, current or future military status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status or any other characteristic protected