Director of Sponsored Programs
· A Master’s Degree required; Doctorate preferred.
· At least 5 years of experience in post-secondary education or public or private company requiring grant writing skills
· Experience in pre- and post-award activity; familiarity with issues of research compliance; knowledge of federal agency practices, regulations and policies; and evidence of leadership success in grant writing and successfully funded grants.
· Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and diplomatically with faculty, staff and senior level administration (i.e., grants accounting, procurement, and other university administrators).
· Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, along with the willingness to reach out to various state and federal agencies and foundations, etc.
· Understanding of federal regulations and agency guidelines for grants management and sponsored research, including NSF, US DOE, NIH, NEA, and NEH and knowledge of A-133, A-110, and A-21.
· Ability to work with program officers at state and federal agencies and act as liaison between faculty and funding agencies.
· Evidence of ability to manage budgets effectively.
· Capability of producing creative and innovative solutions and approaches to common problems.
· Highly developed written and verbal skills required.