Planned Giving Officer
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Planned Giving Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of a maturing planned giving program that includes a strategically developed marketing program for securing planned and estate provision for the Hospital utilizing various estate planning vehicles. The Director will also lead a program aimed at stewarding such investments in the Hospital. The program raises monies for endowment, capital, and annual support for all areas and funding priorities of the Hospital.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of five years of experience in the planned giving field or related experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to address, engage and motivate both large audiences and small groups;
- Superb listening skills;
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines;
- Build and lead a high-level planned giving program that generates significant revenue for the Hospital’s priorities from the community;
- Develop and manage a marketing program that promotes bequests, charitable trusts, gift annuities, and other estate planning strategies as they relate to philanthropy;
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of planned giving prospects through personal visits;
- Engage volunteers and other development staff in planned giving strategies;
- Implement best practices in planned giving programs and activities;
- Identify and leverage Hospital-wide opportunities to increase overall planned giving;
Position requires travel and some evenings and weekends is required.