Director Development Services
The Director of Development Services is a senior advancement manager position reporting to the Vice President Development. Director will have direct administrative and management responsibilities over all of Development operations, including the database, gift processing, prospect research, donor relation and stewardship, budget, and human resources functions associated within the department. This position supervises other staff.
- Ability to carry out the direction of the VP and the ability to design policy and implementation plans for achieving his/her goals;
- Ability to lead and exercise sound judgment;
- Strong management and human relations skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability and desire to reach ever increasing performance goals;
- A commitment to build a culture of high productivity and individual accountability;
- Knowledge and familiarity with numerous advancement systems and software is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will value the role of teamwork in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, environment, and be able to implement high standards of customer service for internal and external constituents. In addition, candidates should be committed to the mission of a children’s hospital, support and contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity at Driscoll Children’s Hospital, and will be able to work effectively with the many constituencies in a hospital environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) required from four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred;
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in either a hospital, university, or non-profit advancement setting;
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in the Development/Advancement Services space;
- An understanding of the best practices for successful development programs.
This position will require travel to sites, events, etc. Must have a valid driver license