Individual Giving Manager
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Fountain House Mission
Fountain House is dedicated to the recovery of men and women with mental illness by providing opportunities for our members to live, work, and learn, while contributing their talents through a community of mutual support.
The Annual Giving Manager will implement Fountain House’s annual direct mail, digital, and multi-channel campaign. The individual will work closely with the Communications team and direct mail vendors in the planning, strategy and design of donor materials. This individual will also have the opportunity to manage a select portfolio of mid-level and major donors. This position is a great fit for someone who is analytical and organized, a strong communicator, knowledgeable about direct marketing, a good writer and passionate about promoting mental health.
- Support and assist the growth of the $2M individual giving program.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate both, direct mail and online strategies for donor retention, new donor acquisition, donor upgrades and monthly conversion.
- Manage and build relationships and increase giving from a select portfolio of mid-level and major donors.
- In partnership with direct mail consultants, execute annual multi-channel direct marketing program from conceptualization, design, copywriting through gift acknowledgement and reporting process.
- Collaborate with Communications team to gather stories, images, and programmatic information to be utilized in direct marketing solicitation and cultivation pieces.
- Take lead on developing other annual giving campaigns, including monthly giving, social media, peer-to-peer fundraising and workplace giving.
- Design and test cultivation and stewardship vehicles to keep donors informed and engaged, including but not limited to new donor welcome series, lead nurturing campaigns, cultivation events, and advocacy and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop, coordinate, cultivate and steward relationships with current mid-level donors ($1,000-$25,000) through moves management.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Develop and present donor profiles in Salesforce; gift reports, statistical and analytical reports, financial and gift summaries using Salesforce, iWave and online research.
- Write proposals, reports, letters, and acknowledgments; as well as prepare presentations that are persuasive, inspiring, and customized to target individuals and family foundations.
- Provide support for meetings and events; prepare background information materials, assist with follow-up and next steps.
- Respond to phone, email and online inquiries.
- Produce mailing lists as needed.
- Gift Processing; record incoming gifts in database, prepare monthly gift reports, and coordinate timely acknowledgements for all gifts received.
- Generate queries to produce analytical reports and create fundraising reports as requested by the Chief Development Officer and Director of Individual Giving.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 year’s successful work experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Familiarity with mental health issues and passion for alleviating the associated stigma.
- Ability to write clearly, persuasively, and effectively in a variety of formats.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in individual giving program, preferred.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively to produce measurable results; keep current with and effectively apply new work methods, skills and technologies to complete work.
- Experience working with MS Office suite software, Adobe CS, and email marketing tools (Pardot, Mailchimp, BlueState Digital, etc.), Salesforce NPSP preferred, and peer-to-peer tools (Classy).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding and experience engaging donors and prospects in moves management
- Appreciation and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Fountain House
- Successful professional fund-raising experience with a proven track record of securing gifts from individuals
- Analytical and innovative problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook; Salesforce)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Fountain House offers generous benefit packages for you and your dependents! Our benefit reach includes working for an incredible mission with dedicated and passionate professionals, and collaborative staff in a rewarding work environment.
The following benefit programs are available to eligible full-time employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance have low out of pocket costs
- Health Savings Account
- Group Life Insurance (Paid by Fountain House- coverage up to 2x salary)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD) & Long- Term Disability (LTD)
- STD supplemental options
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Tuition Assistance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement
- Paid bereavement leave
- Tuition Assistance
- wayForward mental health services (EAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salaries
Qualifications are subject to change in accordance with government regulations.
Fountain House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We actively work to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team, and we want to hear from you. Remember, no one comes with the entire complement of skills, and no one is the perfect candidate, so do not let a lack of experience/ skill in one specific area deter you from applying.
Fountain House is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Currently, Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor visas.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Apply for Individual Giving Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly