Manager, Individual Giving
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Manager of Individual Giving will help the development team build the organization’s ability to raise and manage support from individuals and the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties Include:
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals: manage all appeal campaigns, manage and monitor online giving initiatives, work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications. Prepare regular reports on all campaign activities;
- Conceptualize and implement membership programs and small donor cultivation events.
- Coordinate event logistics to ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
- Work closely with Development team to implement fundraising strategy and coordinate logistics for fundraising events, including annual benefit;
- Work closely with Development team to provide support to the Board for fundraising initiatives.
- Work with communications team to develop strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing. Oversee the development presence on the website.
- Oversee database management, gift processing, development and fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition donor correspondence, and mailings;
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to membership and individual giving; support Director of Individual Giving in areas of development reporting.
- Proficiency in fundraising databases.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience required
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to speak persuasively, and listen attentively
- Strong track-record of building relationships, cultivating and stewarding donors
- Ability to work independently with a commitment to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with staff at all levels, interact with donors, and represent the organization tactfully and diplomatically
- Prior experience fundraising for educational or performing arts non-profits a plus
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility to work in USA
- Full-time with some evening and/or weekend work may be required at times
- Compensation: Salaried, commensurate with experience and education, includes DTH fringe benefits
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In the subject line please include your first and last name, and “Manager, Individual Giving Search.” No phone calls please. Search open until filled.
Dance Theatre of Harlem is an equal opportunity Employer