JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President will oversee all aspects of the Technical Assistance Department, promote advocacy and appropriate legislation for all programs, oversee the implementation of programs, oversee development & communications including developing & obtaining new funding sources; supervise staff; represent PCA-NJ and its subsidiary, the Child Wellness Institute (ChildWIN), in networks and collaborations; provide training and educational presentations.
- Oversee the Technical Assistance Department; all grants, contracts, outcomes and budgets and its employees
- Manage the State, Federal, and Foundation Grants that fund programming and act as the liaison between PCA-NJ and funders
- Maintain relationships with the National Replication agencies for each of these programs. Oversee and coordinate the replication of all PCA-NJ prevention and education programs including: Healthy Families, Parents As Teachers Community Education, Parent Linking Program (PLP), Human Trafficking Prevention, Connections Matter and Essex Pregnancy and Parenting Connection (EPPC).
- Initiate and engage in research projects with local universities to demonstrate program outcomes and efficacy as appropriate, obtain funding resources as needed.
- Establish mechanisms required to accurately collect data for evaluation of programs in terms of levels of service, technical assistance provided, and outcomes of participants.
- Analyze data and prepare reports reflecting evaluation and research results.
- Research, present, and obtain approval of new program initiatives
- Assist in obtaining funding
- Assist in the growth and development of PCA-NJ’s subsidiary, Child Wellness Initiative; including seeking funding, replication and expansion
- Direct research for funding resources
- Support the writing and submitting of grant proposals and follow- up on inquiries
- Engage in establishing new partnerships to support PCA-NJ and ChildWIN
- Identify and network with individuals and organizations as needed for the development of programs throughout New Jersey.
- Attend and present at conferences, give trainings and presentations as appropriate.
- Oversee Development staff’s creation of marketing materials and marketing efforts for programs.
- Sit on various committees to network and promote PCA-NJ
- Become knowledgeable of all programs at PCA-NJ
- Attend and participate in Management Team meetings and other staff and team meetings.
- Education and work experience:
A master's degree (PhD is desirable) in social work or related field with a minimum of five years of progressively more responsible experience. Experience with children, families and at-risk parenting populations is preferred. Practical and managerial field experience in program development and implementation. Solid experience in supervision, collaboration building, proposal writing, grants management, and research/evaluation, and development.
- knowledge of program planning, development, and implementation;
- effective supervisory skills;
- experience/knowledge of legislative/government systems and processes
- experience/knowledge of development & communications
- demonstrated experience in grant writing;
- experience with interagency collaborations;
- skills in running meetings and making public presentations;
- ability to build relationships with persons at all levels of human service;
- awareness of cultural diversity and its impact on planning and provision of service;
- ability to manage multiple projects;
- ability to assess program efficacy and supervise program to facilitate overall effectiveness;
- excellent team-building skills;
- ability to motivate others;
- education and experience in conducting evaluations;
- computer literacy; and
- highly organized and flexible.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF THIS POSITION: Travel throughout New Jersey will be necessary. Hours may need to be flexible to allow for evening and weekend work.
SUPERVISOR: Reports to the Executive Director.
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position, why you are a strong candidate for consideration, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Vice President” in the subject line.
Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer