Senior Program Assistant
Job Description Summary
The Senior Program Assistant will support the Executive Director, Annual Giving and Advancement Relations, the Director, Office of Alumni and Family Engagement and the Director, Annual Giving, supports the administrative needs for the two departments and provides programmatic support to alumni boards.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Annual Giving and Advancement Relations; will serve as a primary point of contact interfacing with all constituents, prospects, donors, as well as University officials, administrators and colleagues across the division. He/She is a representative for the CAPF and Annual Giving departments by answering inquiries from constituents by phone/web and the general email accounts for both Office of Alumni and Family Engagement (AFE) and Annual Giving. Duties will include:
- Managing the ED's calendar, including scheduling, travel arrangements and associated tasks.
- Serve as the office manager for the engagement and annual giving teams, including ordering office supplies, submitting work orders for office maintenance, processing of bills and purchase orders through Workday Finance, tracking travel expenses, booking rooms for meetings and managing a team of work study students for both AFE and AG.
- Prepare event nametags, lists or other general event coordination and support for both departments is required.
- Own certain budgetary responsibilities for both AFE and Annual Giving departments.
- Process and track all club membership dues and renewals, as well as serving as a contact for members and their questions. Coordinate website updates and other communication efforts with designated staff in Advancement Communications.
- Work with the AFE Director to provide administrative support for the Global Alumni Board (GAB) by arranging for, attending and documenting all GAB meetings, including twice yearly on-campus retreats.
- Coordinate lodging, transportation and travel arrangements for GAB retreats, and occasionally will manage volunteer questions and needs.
- Process a mail merge of the acknowledgement letters for gifts of $250-$1000 weekly, doing bulk uploads of correspondence codes and select end of year tax acknowledgments.
- Troubleshoot issues with the online giving form and managing the bounce back emails from the email group account.
- Track recurring gifts, including credit card updates and anticipates the end of subscriptions for Director or gift officer, and manages renewals and upgrades.
- Provide out of office support for AG staff members (supervised by AG Director)
- Work collaboratively with other administrative and program assistants to schedule joint meetings across the division.
- May supervise student workers in the office suite for two departments.
- HS Diploma or GED with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing skills and highly effective interpersonal communication skills are required.
- This person will interact with senior university staff, donors, external constituents and vendors, so must have the highest level of customer service.
- Professional, high energy, busy office with staff and students in and out.
- Overtime is necessary during special events on and off campus.
- Usual office environment and frequent sitting, walking and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Accuracy and speed on the keyboard are essential.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.