Director of Corporate, Foundation & Government Relations
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Primary duties for the Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations include: writing successful grant proposals and requests for financial support for Saint Mary’s College; researching and building relationships with private foundations, corporations, and government agencies to secure long term financial support and active involvement with the College; and working closely with College administrators and faculty to identify strategic initiatives that would lend themselves to foundation or corporate support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and implements a work schedule that includes a division of labor as follows: 60% private foundations; 30% government grants; and 10% corporations.
- Private foundation fundraising will focus on two primary areas: 1) national foundations with an interest in one of Saint Mary’s key program areas such as STEM (women in science), Healthcare (Nursing, Social Work, Gerontology, Speech Pathology, etc.), Environmental Studies, and the Center for Spirituality; and 2) state and regional foundations.
- Corporate fundraising will concentrate on local corporations and vendors.
- Finally, this position will work closely with College officers, faculty and administrators to apply for government grants on a case by case basis with approval from the Vice President for College Relations.
- Develops relationships with private foundations, corporations and government agencies in order to secure long term financial support and active involvement with the College.
- Works diligently and creatively to find funding sources for College’s strategic initiatives.
- Staffs a College-wide committee that meets regularly to discuss strategic initiatives, set priorities for proposal submission, and discuss funding sources.
- Maintains relationships with representatives in local government offices to keep apprised of government funding opportunities.
- Provides grant reporting to various foundations in a timely and organized manner.
- Exhibits a positive attitude with a strong work ethic – willing to work extra hours as needed to meet grant deadlines.
- Communicates the mission of the College in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree; a minimum of five years of related experience with a minimum of two years of experience working in the general area of grants or corporate, foundation and government relations; Excellent research, writing and editing skills; Strong communication skills, with the ability to work in partnership with College officers, faculty and administrators; excellent organization and project management skill; ability to meet deadlines and coordinate grant application approval process with College administrators; and strong commitment to the mission of the College. Higher Education experience is preferred.
Please apply on line to: https://jobs.saintmarys.edu/postings/1591
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.