Vice President of Development
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Angeletti Group invites nominations and applications for
Bucks County Historical Society’s next Vice President of
Development. Working under the President & Executive Director
and in collaboration with other staff, this position is responsible
for developing and implementing strategies to attract new and
retain existing donors and members, and increase giving levels
among current supporters of the Bucks County Historical
Society/Mercer Museum and Fonthill
Castle (BCHS). A member of the senior management team, this position oversees all fundraising initiatives.
ABOUT BUCKS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY/
MERCER MUSEUM AND FONTHILL CASTLE
Founded in 1880, the Bucks County Historical Society is dedicated to preserving Bucks County history and promoting the significant role the past plays in contemporary life, including operating the Mercer Museum & Library and Fonthill Castle. As one of the oldest and largest county historical organizations in Pennsylvania, BCHS’s duties as a fledgling organization had its roots in marking historic sites, presenting papers, and accumulating memorabilia. By 1897, BCHS member, historian and archaeologist, Henry Chapman Mercer (1856-1930), recognized the need to collect and preserve the unmechanized material and tools of daily life in America before it was all swept away by the Industrial Revolution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President of Development provides leadership and management for the creation and implementation of short and long-term development plans to support the BCHS’s institutional mission-driven initiatives. This position will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources to support the BCHS’s mission, and achieve the museum’s strategic goals. This position will oversee implementation of an overarching development plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. Develop long-term fundraising strategy in collaboration with the President & Executive Director and senior leadership team; implement and document effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies that aim to increase the number of donors and gift size as well as maximize retention.
2. Build and manage a portfolio of individual and corporate supporters and prospective donors.
3. Identify a menu of sponsorship opportunities and develop solicitation materials.
4. Work closely with the President & Executive Director and Board to design and implement BCHS’s major fundraising campaign(s) to achieve the established targets and timelines.
5. Oversee annual fundraising events to achieve fundraising goals and enhance donor experience.
6. Conceive, implement, and attend donor cultivation and appreciation events tied to the BCHS’s mission, exhibitions, and programs.
7. Oversee the management and use of the database to facilitate accurate donor records, regular reporting and analysis, and effective and efficient communications through segmentation and customization.
8. Produce regular fundraising reports that inform the President & Executive Director, senior staff, and the Board about fundraising progress. Highlight areas of success and proactively identify areas for improvement and/or concern.
9. Directly supervise and oversee day-to-day operations of development and membership, such as gift processing,donor acknowledgement, and member database management.
1. Direct the BCHS’s general membership program to reach target audience and revenue goals on an annual basis.
2. Directly supervise the related membership programming and communication as part of the member journey.
3. Manage, develop and execute a plan to increase membership sales, renewal rates, and member level upgrades.
4. Work closely with the staff to develop and distribute compelling materials, events, communication, and protocols to support solicitation, renewals, and upgrades.
1. Train, manage, and evaluate all development staff per the organizational chart. Mentor these individuals in their growth and leadership, and cultivate collaboration and teamwork.
2. Supervise project management throughout department including develop and manage the
department budget, and lead department meetings.
3. Participate as a member of the senior management team. Work closely with the President & Executive Director, Vice President of Collections, Interpretation & Facilities, Comptroller, and Vice President of Community Services and Marketing to address high-level organizational issues and opportunities. Attend board meetings and take on occasional cross-functional projects to advance the BCHS’s mission.
4. Ensure compliance with all human resource and workplace standards for department employees.
5. Be able to work within a fast-moving environment and to deliver within restricted time, space, and financial resources.
6. Be able to utilize various electronic communication means to accomplish the duties and responsibilities of the position.
7. Be able to work with a diverse range of people.
8. Support the mission of the BCHS in accordance with the strategic plan, Board direction, and adherence to the policies in the employee handbook.
9. Attend board and committee meetings as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10+ years of professional experience; master’s degree preferred.
2. Substantial knowledge, comfort, and experience with many types of fundraising, including annual giving/donor
engagement programs, major gift campaigns, membership programs, corporate sponsorship, events, direct mail appeals, and crowdfunding.
3. Knowledge of the current fundraising market in Doylestown/Bucks County Area, and throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
4. Effective leadership skills and management experience.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Apply for Vice President of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly