Chispa Arizona Development Director
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Title: Chispa Arizona Development Director
Department: State Capacity Building
Reports to: Chispa Arizona State Director
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: E
Salary Range (depending on experience): $79,000 - $96,000
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone
has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To
ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power
to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and
LCV launched Chispa in 2014, a grassroots community organizing program to ensure the voice and power of Latinx communities influence the environmental policies and decisions that impact our health and environment. Currently, Chispa has programs in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and Nevada.
LCV is hiring a Development Director to join our Chispa Arizona Phoenix-based team. The ideal candidate will be the driver for Chispa Arizona’s fund development strategy. In partnership with the State Director, the Development Director will create and implement an annual fund development plan. This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring there is diversified revenue to assist with all programs, utilizing high-level donor cultivation skills to retain current supporters and attract new supporters. The Development Director will also work with the Executive and Finance teams to create and manage revenue goals, forecast long-term revenue strategies, and plan for future revenue if variances arise. The ideal candidate is motivated by a just, accessible, and culturally competent environmental movement and by acting in the fight against polluters and climate change, and for a cleaner future and a fair democracy for all. We are looking for an organized, innovative, ambitious leader and communicator who is goal-driven and self-motivated, with significant experience in fund development and program management to join the Chispa Arizona team.
Fund Development Strategy & Operations
- Develop and implement a multi-year fund development strategy that is inclusive of diverse revenue streams. The fund development strategy should include measurable goals for revenue sustainability and growth.
- Create a master calendar for implementing stewardship activities, special events, and integrated donor education activities.
- Establish and execute a plan for leveraging existing organizational relationships and seeking out new supporters to identify prospects, engage potential donors, and track and steward supporters.
- Research and identify prospective donors and implement a cultivation process for donor engagement.
- In partnership with the Chispa AZ team, implement activities that will strengthen the organization’s culture of philanthropy.
- Work closely with the Chispa AZ Operations team to forecast annual revenue goals, perform monthly revenue reconciliation, and manage donor reports to maintain accuracy and financial accountability.
- Oversee the grants process for Chispa AZ, which includes leading on grant application drafts and submissions, post-award reporting, and stewardship for current and prospective grant-related funders (foundations and corporations).
- Research and identify prospective grants that are mission-aligned for the Chispa AZ program.
- Create a grant dashboard that tracks grant application progress, submission deadlines, and report dates. Be prepared to report on the dashboard as requested.
Individual Giving & Membership
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors. Current donor range is from $500-$50,000 and prospective donors.
- Create and implement strategies that will increase donor retention and commitment levels.
- Create and implement individual donor membership levels that addresses low-, mid-, and major-giving levels. Implementation should also include online giving strategies.
- Work closely with the Chispa AZ Organizing team to develop and implement a community membership program to address transitioning non-giving volunteers to monetary supporters.
Donor Related Communications
- Work in partnership with the Chispa AZ Communications Director to create culturally competent stewardship materials that speak to our work, such as impact reports, issue updates, surveys, etc.
- Work in partnership with the Chispa AZ Communications Director to ensure that donors are receiving integrated and appropriate messaging.
- Develop and implement an annual campaign of issue-specific appeals to engage current and prospective supporters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required - At minimum 5-7 years of fund development experience, including experience managing or directing a fund development program. Proven experience with grant writing, submission, and reporting. A provable track record of significant and successful gifts and grants awards. Experience managing relationships, ideally in a fundraising context. Proven demonstration of cultural competence when messaging environmental priorities and movement issues. Preferred - Experience with creating and managing donor membership levels is a plus.
- Skills: Required - Demonstrated understanding of and connection to Arizona funding partners and landscape. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High ability to effectively delegate and manage processes for multiple priorities in a fast-pace work environment. Ability to work under own initiative, as well as part of a team. Demonstrated flexibility, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, cultural competence. Preferred - Bilingual in English and Spanish. Creative and innovative; a problem-solver and resourceful during challenging or new situations.
- Cultural Competence: Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of Latino communities in Arizona and advancing progressive issues and campaigns. Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Familiarity with the complexity of issues and obstacles facing communities of color engagement in the environmental movement. Familiarity with Arizona and the in-state community preferred.
- Conditions: Ability to travel, potentially up to 10% of time, and to work some evenings and weekends, as needed. Position requires a valid Arizona driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona. Please note that all LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Chispa Arizona Development” in the subject line by April 1, 2021. No calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Apply for Chispa Arizona Development Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly