Director of Development
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Advocates for Children of New Jersey (ACNJ) is the independent voice for children in New Jersey and a nationally recognized research and advocacy non-profit organization that works to advance policies that help children and families. ACNJ’s work has improved the lives of thousands of New Jersey children in the areas of access to early childhood learning, health care and hunger, child protection, school attendance, and other important issues. The organization is governed by a diverse and highly respected 23-member Board of Trustees who are united by a deep concern for the well-being of New Jersey children, especially our most vulnerable.
ACNJ has an annual budget of approximately $2.5 million, a staff of 20, owns a building in downtown Newark, and maintains a healthy reserve fund.
ACNJ is currently seeking a new Development Director to help raise increased resources for the organization. While providing overall leadership and management for all of ACNJ’s fund development activities, which include a highly successful foundation fundraising program, the Director will be focusing most of their direct efforts on working with the staff and Board to increase revenues from individuals and businesses.
- Working with the Board of Trustees and staff, facilitate the creation of an annual fundraising plan with long- and short-term goals, strategies, and accountabilities, and oversee the successful implementation of the plan.
- Manage and expand the major individual and corporate donor program, including writing letters and proposals for donors, timely submission of requests, orchestrating contact with and maintaining relations to steward donors, researching major donors and prospects, and identifying and cultivating relationships with new donors.
- Manage individual donor appeal program to lower-level donors, including the creation of solicitation letters and packages and tracking results.
- With the Executive Director, Board members, staff, or on her/his own, personally steward and cultivate donors and ask for contributions.
- Working with current staff who pursue and track foundation fundraising, ensure that all goals in this area are met, offer input on new creative ways to package proposals to foundations, and provide leadership to increase staff and Board identification of potential new foundation supporters.
- Provide fundraising support and coordination for ACNJ’s annual breakfast, with an eye to increasing revenues and maximizing it as a vehicle for expanding individual, business, organization, and Board support.
- Work with Board members to provide the training and encouragement needed to increase their engagement in fundraising and their sense of satisfaction in participating more fully.
- Staff the Board Fund Development Committee and provide regular reports to the President, Fund Development Committee, and the Board on fundraising status, needs, and opportunities.
- Supervise the Operations Manager’s management of the donor database and work with her/him and other staff to ensure accurate data entry, timely gift processing, and consistency of records with finance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as a self-motivated senior-level development professional with direct responsibility for managing and implementing some segment of major donor and business support.
- Minimum of 8 years of staff fundraising experience and a track record in raising funds from wealthy individuals and businesses.
- Demonstrated success in the creation and implementation of development strategies; innovative strategic thinker.
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on producing results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good judgment, and a sense of humor are essential.
- Excellent planning, organization, and management skills, and an ability to manage multiple activities and work productively with others.
- Sincere commitment to the mission, goals, and values of ACNJ
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position will be in the $90,000 to $110,000 range, depending on the successful candidate’s work experience and track record. Additionally, ACNJ provides its employees with a generous benefits package. Health Insurance, Paid Time off, Dental Insurance, 403(b), and Life Insurance
Please email your resume and cover letter, including a description of relevant fund-raising accomplishments, to Mary Coogan, Vice President at email@example.com. Please type Development Director Search on the subject line.
Association for Children of New Jersey
35 Halsey Street, 2nd Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102
ATTENTION: Development Director Search
Advocates for Children of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer….
Apply for Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly