Director of Annual Giving
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Annual Giving, Development Office
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks a Director of Annual Giving. The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Chief Development Officer and seeks philanthropic support from alumnae and alumni, parents, and friends. Trinity is one of the nation’s oldest Catholic women’s colleges, now a diverse university still serving a population that is predominantly women, African American and Latina. Trinity has about 12,000 alumnae and alumni.
The Director creates and implements a schedule of annual solicitations using targeted segmentations including direct mail, email, social media, and face to face fundraising techniques. The Director utilizes detailed data analysis to assess performance and ensure annual goals are met. The Director is proficient in fundraising CRM management (Trinity uses Raiser’s Edge NXT) and oversees database processing of gifts, acknowledgment of all gifts via receipt and letter and email, and management of records related to daily gift processing and stewardship. The Director oversees 2 full time staff to support gift processing and data management and collaborates with the Alumnae/i Relations team on reunion giving programs and other class related fundraising projects, including alumnae/i event and engagement programing as well as volunteer management.
The Director of Annual Giving must have at least a bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred, along with 5-8 years of experience in educational fund raising including annual fund experience, or experience in similar kinds of organizations. Experience in fund raising among Black and Hispanic alumni is important, preferably in an Historically Black or Minority Serving institution. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and superior writing and verbal communications skills are a must, along with a strong ability to manage multiple projects.
Experience with annual, reunion and class giving in the context of a capital campaign is highly desirable.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Minimum five-to-eight years of hands-on annual fundraising experience with success in direct mail, email, social media and other interactive platforms for soliciting annual donations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize, mange, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to meet measurable goals and objectives. Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Proven ability to succeed in a collaborative, team oriented environment and develop effective working relationships with colleagues, volunteers and others.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office or comparable software suites.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT and/or similar fundraising CRM databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capital Campaign experience is a plus.
- Flexibility to attend evening events as required.
Salary & Selection – will be based on years of experience, education, and qualifications.
Please attach a letter of interest, resume and, complete the application process by clicking the link listed below.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Annual Fund Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Capital Campaigns Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Direct Marketing Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Donor Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.