Social Media Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Social Media Specialist establishes relationships with WWP’s following using various online social platforms to communicate organizational priorities and trending topics, and to monitor and moderate online discussions on social media platforms and blogs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate interest in WWP programs and services while building relationships with WWP following on social media platforms, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and various related blogs and websites.
- Create content for posting to WWP SME’s social media public profile pages.
- Monitor online mentions of WWP and provide the organization’s response to conversations, trending topics, and issues.
- Manage vendors acting as moderators of WWP social media platforms to ensure comments and answers to questions are appropriate, and referrals to WWP programs are made when appropriate.
- Respond to posts or social inquiries with the approved standard messaging.
- Develop social media content in the organization’s voice while maintaining a social medial look and feel.
- Monitor online technologies and identify opportunities to utilize emerging social media platforms.
- Create multimedia content: photos, videos, infographics, and podcasts to increase engagement with the organization’s following.
- Produce live video streaming and conduct live onsite social reporting.
- Manage the social media team’s content creation and maintaining social media posting calendar.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on the audiences following the organization’s social media platforms and identify the right content to engage with the organization’s following.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly social media analytics reports for leadership and strategic partnerships team.
- Work closely with strategic partners and community partners to create and share social messaging.
- Design campaign plans and make recommendations for organizational messaging initiatives, identifying opportunities to get public involvement/awareness of WWP policy advocacy initiatives, WWP connection events, and trending veteran topics.
- Monitor and respond to social media crisis communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of performance metrics for social success and search engine optimization (SEO) tactics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media management tools such as Sprout Social, Crisp Thinking, and Salesforce.
- Strong expertise with working knowledge of social media platforms and channels, e.g., Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create content in the organization’s voice.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of communication principles, including Associated Press (AP) style.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data analytics, performance metrics, and trend analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build successful working relationships.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative, multi-task, work independently, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to provide high level of service to targeted client/customer base.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify viable options, and problem-solve.
- Ability to travel.
- Mission driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Four years of experience in social media messaging, analytics reporting, and content creation.
- Four years of experience in copywriting, editing, design, photography, videography, and creativity.
- Four years of experience of military experience or four years of experience working for a veteran service organization.
- Two years of experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in social media, marketing, communications, public relations, or journalism. Equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Participation in outdoor activities and events under varying weather conditions.
- Up to 25% travel.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 20 pounds.