Strategy Officer - 1
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Summary: The NEA Foundation (the Foundation) seeks a passionate, highly skilled, and entrepreneurial advocate for public education to join its new Strategy Group as a Strategy Officer. This individual will assist in furthering existing Foundation programs as well as in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to advance the Foundation’s mission to promote the best in public education, particularly educational justice, equity, excellence and opportunity.
The NEA Foundation is a national nonprofit and philanthropic organization that achieves its mission by investing in educators’ leadership, shared learning and collaboration; supporting partnerships that advance the best in teaching and learning; and sharing improvements in education policy and practice resulting from educators’ and organizational partners’ thought leadership. Its aims are furthered through strategic initiatives, grants programs, fellowship and awards programs, and numerous collaborative efforts.
The Foundation believes that the most innovative and effective policies and strategies emanate from educators engaged in authentic partnership with policymakers, students, parents, and others committed to educational justice, equity, excellence and opportunity.
The individual filling this position will report to the Chief Officer for Strategic Initiatives. The position is based in Washington, D.C. The salary range for this position is $60,000-$80,000.
This position will offer the right candidate opportunities to lead and/or support key areas of the Foundation’s work.
Serve as a lead project and financial manager of the Foundation’s portfolio of grants to individual educators. Manage the related recruitment, application, and review processes, serve as a resource for grantees, manage budgets, review and analyze reports.
Management of National Awards Programs
Serve as the lead project and financial manager for a high-profile national Awards for Teaching Excellence program, working with affiliates to secure nominations, support applicants, and manage the review, selection and award processes.
Design and Administration of Strategic Initiatives
Maintain and share a high level of knowledge of effective strategies and current thinking in the education and social change fields – what works, most effective and innovative ways to support educators and other positive changemakers, and how to implement effective strategies with partners.
Help identify potential strategic investments and partnership opportunities that advance the Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
With the Chief Officer for Strategic Initiatives and team, administer assigned initiatives.
Contribute to the team’s development and refinement of criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy portfolio as well as participate in the evaluation of results.
Prepare high-quality written materials for Foundation’s management, Board of Directors, and diverse external partners.
Work closely with the Foundation’s Communications and Development teams to identify, produce and/or review content related to Foundation projects.
Develop and maintain effective professional relationships that advance the Foundation’s strategic goals.
Help manage work of Strategy Group Assistant and/or interns (in partnership with other strategy officers).
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics
- A deep personal interest in and commitment to the NEA Foundation’s mission and values (advancing public education, educator leadership, enhancing the whole child, partnership, the public good and justice).
- Knowledge of current issues in public education.
- A demonstrated capacity to advance justice, equity, excellence and opportunity, including racial equity, in a given field, in prior roles.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of experience and senior leadership in relevant education/nonprofit/philanthropic sectors.
- Previous grantmaking and grants management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying, assessing, synthesizing, and communicating best practices related to education practice and policy.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present, facilitate and serve as spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Excellent project management and time management skills, including exceptional attention to detail, ability to manage multiple relationships and deliverables simultaneously, work independently and follow through in timely manner.
- Highest level of interpersonal skills including excellent listening, tact, patience, flexibility, courtesy and the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
Apply for Strategy Officer - 1
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly