Content Operations Manager
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission.
About the position
The Internet Society (ISOC) is committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion, where all individuals are valued for their distinct contributions. Our people are the most valuable strengths we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our staff invests in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and ISOC’s achievements.
As such, the Content Operations Manager ensures the consistent, reliable, and timely management and enabling of Internet Society content. The role deals with people, processes and technology and acts as a bridge between them. The role is key in making sure that our content flows smoothly around the organization from conceptualization to archiving.
The manager will have a strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This role will make sure that the organization and the people in it are equipped to produce, distribute and maintain content in an efficient and effective way.The Content Operations Manager is committed enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion to help ISOC’s critical mission. This position reports to the Head of Content.
Location: Open to Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure content planning, publishing, maintenance and archiving processes run smoothly, troubleshooting issues, and designing solutions.
- Provide and maintain training and learning materials, such as information around governance, process, and resources, with supporting material around how to use them.
- Maintain content inventories, with the support of content reviewers
- Propose, create and maintain a content tracking system, or content calendar, that dovetails with our editorial process
- Ensure content management systems fall in line with our content planning and production workflows.
- Connect our content resources and tools in a way that facilitates decision-making by the Senior Content Strategist.
- Work with the Collaborative Systems team to identify how to make the best use of technology to produce and manage content.
- Maintain content guidelines, tools, and templates.
- Monitor content quality and consistency and maintain content standards.
- Connect silos and facilitate collaboration on content across teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in a relevant field such as journalism, publishing, content management, operations management
- 3 to 6 years relevant experience
- Project management experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- People-centric management skills and an ability to work with others collaboratively to get things done
- Ability to produce quality materials with attention to detail
- Ability to identify, synthesize, consolidate, and communicate requirements clearly
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills with the ability to learn how to use new platforms
- Experience with Zoom, Box, Slack, Smartsheets, Survey Monkey experience
- Multilingualism a plus
- Passionate about content operations and dedicated to delivering internal change that improves the content experience for internal staff and external users
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to travel as needed and when permitted
The Internet Society (ISOC) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.