6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
An award-winning nonprofit book publisher located in NYC’s Wall Street area, The New Press has an exciting opportunity for an dynamic and enthusiastic Development Associate to join our organization. An immediate, full-time position reporting to the Director of Development, The Development Associate works to help create and implement strategies that ensure the sustainability and organizational growth of The New Press. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, The New Press office is currently closed and the Development Associate will work remotely until the office can safely reopen.
Under the direction of the Director of Development and in collaboration with the Senior Development Officer, the Development Associate will:
- Manage the timely acknowledgment of donations: record and process gifts; manage acknowledgements and tax receipts; prepare fundraising mailings and emails; liaise with the Finance department
- Support the Development Team with donor engagement, including prospecting, maintaining individual files, and outreach support
- Update database records with pledge documentation, constituent action details, and other data; maintain analytical reports, queries, and exports
- Lead in maintaining accurate and complete donor records; ensuring integrity and quality of the donor database; and managing internal tracking codes, business rules, and other functions
- Maintain and produce segmented donor mailing lists for use in fundraising appeals and email outreach
- Optimize database usage across the organization by staying current on best practice and providing guidance and training for staff in the appropriate use of this shared resource.
- Assist the Senior Development Officer with foundation research, briefing packets, reporting materials, letters of inquiry, etc.
- Support communications efforts with planning, content development, and email engagement
- Events Support: assist with organizing and managing fundraising and cultivation events (e.g., the annual Social Justice Awards gala), coordinating planning, outreach, logistics, and follow-up correspondence
- Oversee department interns: recruit, interview, manage and evaluate.
- Perform general administrative duties for Development department, including taking clear, action-oriented meeting minutes, general correspondence, filing, mailings, and scheduling meetings.
- The ideal candidate is good with people and has excellent communications and time management skills.
- Two years of experience on a development team
- Previous database experience required; an aptitude for digital development, email communications tools
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and motivated
- Superb administrative skills including facility with Microsoft 365 and Google G Suite
- Proven capacity to apply independent judgement in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in a diversified workload; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, and ability to navigate participating in different team environments
- Discretion and sensitivity in handling and safeguarding confidential information
- Bachelors degree preferred.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Development Associate” in the subject line. A writing sample will be required for candidates offered an interview. Submissions without thoughtful cover letters and stated salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please. We regret that we are only able to respond to those applicants we select for interviews.
The New Press offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The New Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The New Press is affiliated with the Technical, Office and Professional (TOP) Union, Local 2110 UAW, AFL-CIO; this position is not covered in the bargaining unit.
Apply for Development Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly