Manager, Corporate Giving
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reports to: Director, Institutional Funding
FLSA Status: Full-time, Nonexempt
The manager, Corporate Giving is part of a 15-person department at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) that is responsible for raising approximately $6 million in annual operating support from a variety of funding sources. This position reports to the director of Institutional Funding and works with the grants specialist to raise approximately $2 million in support from foundations, corporations, and select government agencies through grants and sponsorship. With supervision and support from the director, the manager is the primary contact for BBG’s corporate membership program and a key player in securing sponsorships. In partnership with special events staff, the manager also assists in fundraising from corporate sources for BBG’s annual gala.
- Maintain and refine prospect pipeline and stewardship tracking systems for corporate members and sponsors.
- Manage research, solicitation, and activation processes for corporate sponsorships and corporate membership program.
- Develop and draft compelling sponsorship proposals that use images to tell stories.
- Primary point of contact for corporate members. Duties include drafting regular communication and managing benefits, including working with BBG staff to activate on-site volunteer days.
- Coordinate the successful execution of sponsorship deliverables ranging from logo placements to on-site activation with sponsors and BBG program and marketing staff.
- Collaborate with internal staff to update and maintain corporate marketing materials and website.
- Collect data from other departments to communicate impact and advance corporate giving efforts.
- Draft written reports, contracts, invoices, and other correspondence as necessary.
- Represent BBG at events and track trends in corporate sponsorship and corporate membership programs.
- Provide materials and support, as necessary, for institutional collaborations, special projects, and special campaigns.
- Play active role as part of larger Development team to support donor cultivation, special events, and membership on-site sales, and strategize new ways to increase revenue.
Manager, Corporate Giving is encouraged to develop an understanding of the entire organization and foster effective teamwork and communication with all staff members, particularly in Marketing, Public Programs, Visitor Services, Finance, Facilities, Horticulture, and Development.
The candidate can expect to interact with Foundation, Corporation, and Government Agency Staff, as well as Garden volunteers.
- Minimum of two years’ corporate fundraising experience that includes independent proposal development
- Ability to synthesize information and write in a clear, concise, and compelling tone
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize, with superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience maintaining multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends to support events during the Garden’s peak seasons
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with fundraising software and project management systems; Raiser’s Edge and Asana are a plus
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.bbg.org/about/careers.
No telephone calls for position inquiries, please. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the online system may contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.