6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
NPower is a 501c3 nonprofit headquartered in Brooklyn, which mission is to create pathways to digital careers for youth from underserved communities and veterans across the US and Canada. NPower’s award winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, places graduates in paid internships and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation. Notable corporate partners include Symantec, Cisco, Bank of America, Citi, CBS, JPMorgan Chase, and HP. Our annual gala, known as “the” tech fundraising event of the year, draws our largest donors and corporate supporters, as well as exceptional keynote speakers such as Michael Dell and Meg Whitman.
We address many of the primary barriers that our young adult and veteran communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
Over the past decade, NPower has developed a robust network of Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized enterprises, government agencies, staffing firms, and a network of nonprofit partners which host our interns and hire our graduate’s fulltime.
Volunteerism is integral to the success of our programs. Our 10,000+ IT industry professional volunteers inspire the next generation of technology professionals by offering their time and knowledge to our students and to our non-profit partners. Corporate volunteers regularly participate in NPower-organized Tech-Challenges benefitting NPower’s network of nonprofit employer partners by addressing their technology needs.
- Develop regional fundraising plan, incorporating multiple fundraising strategies and donor types (individuals, corporations, foundations, government, etc.)
- Identify and cultivate regional supporters of all types in coordination with and with the support of NPower Network development staff.
- Develop regional schedule of activities and pipeline of proposal submissions, including forecast of anticipated revenue – update and review with Network development staff on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with the central development staff to create the required grant requests - assist with proposal submissions and grant reporting as needed.
- Develop and manage regional fundraising, community and partnership events.
- Partnership with the Maryland Executive Director to promote NPower in the region.
- Represent NPower in the Maryland community and other activities.
- Support the development activities in Maryland as NPower expands
- Work with Network Development team to ensure that all regional development activity is recorded accurately and completely in Salesforce – review activity with Network team on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant, high-level fundraising experience.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of workforce development community and funders.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with the senior leaders in major corporations, foundations and high net worth individuals.
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously without supervision.
- Strong organization and communication skills with excellent attention to detail/follow through.
- Ability to work as a team player with virtual linkages.
- Positive, can do attitude and sense of urgency.
- Experience developing and/or managing a board of senior leaders.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: Yanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Apply for Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly