Stewardship Report Coordinator
Assists the Donor Relations office in its efforts to keep donors engaged and informed about the impact of their philanthropy on the Phillips Exeter Academy by preparing reports on a variety of gifts and undertaking special projects as assigned.Key Accountabilities
- Creates, drafts, formats, proofreads and edits personalized stewardship reports, including narratives on individual recipients of financial aid awards, prizes, college scholarships, and other people, programs, projects, and facilities as requested.
- Contacts students, faculty and staff to gather information necessary for drafting reports. Organizes and maintain such information.
- Creates, drafts, formats, proofreads and edits other materials as needed in support of other projects, such as customized donor acknowledgments and recognition initiatives.
- Maintains accurate and complete information in relevant databases and tracking reports.
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.Direct/Indirect Reports
None.Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications or related area.
- Professional experience in writing, editing and proofreading is desired, preferably in a non-profit or fundraising capacity.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on writing. Ability to communicate with officers, faculty, administrators and donors. Ability to present complex information in a clear and compelling manner in writing and in person.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to handle high profile and confidential information.
- A passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively, and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).