Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Our Mission: increase investment and participation in 4‑H programs so we can support the next generation of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and Board of Trustees are dedicated to the belief that helping kids achieve their boldest dreams empowers not only them but also our communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports national and state 4‑H programs with a focus on fundraising, brand management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services. Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center, and the National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks an inventive Senior Digital Marketing Manager to play a key role in conceiving and implementing Council's individual giving digital marketing initiatives. Additionally, the Senior Manager will support strategy development under the guidance of the Vice President (VP), Digital Strategy, Multi-channel Marketing (MCM) & Media. He/she will also serve as the digital lead for individual Giving's cross-functional planning and execution across 4-H owned media channels.
This role is responsible for managing and implementing digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement, new donor acquisition, and donor retention to expand and diversify the base of support and increase giving from digital channels.
In response to COVID-19, all positions at Council are currently temporarily remote.
Fundraising and Database Acquisition Duties
- Work with the VP, Digital Strategy, MCM & Media, and VP, Individual Giving & Events to develop national and geo-targeted strategies for email, search, display, paid social, and other digital marketing channels, driving acquisition of and revenue from individual donors.
- Serve as digital execution lead, managing the digital components of individual Giving'sstrategy as defined by the Resource Development (RD) Department, to include developing a marketing strategy.
- Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision-making across programs and fundraising.
- Use reporting and analysis to monitor and optimize the digital marketing channel, keep colleagues and management informed, and support the decision-making process.
- Work closely with the fundraising and digital teams to ensure online and offline campaign integration and the effective use of digital channels to retain and develop supporters.
- In coordination with the Individual Giving team, support developing a digital channel editorial/content calendar that aligns with the fundraising calendar.
- Create social media toolkits aligned with brand standards and campaign creative.
- Support the development of all digital creative assets in support of the fundraising strategy.
- Lead Legacy Awards and other Council premiere fundraising events through digital marketing.
- In coordination with the Senior Interactive Producer, manage digital fundraising destinations, user flows, donation pages, wireframes, campaign codes, etc., and promotion across the website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Marketing Duties
- Responsible for donor segmentation (psychographics, demographics, stage in the marketing funnel, the preferred method of communication, donor frequency, etc.).
- Leverage CRM to provide context and insight for digital reporting documents, covering specific campaigns and overall digital fundraising initiatives.
Budget and Analytics Duties
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving team in the budgeting, forecasting, and forecasting process for digital fundraising channels; this includes quantifying the revenue the organization wants to achieve, will achieve, and revised revenue forecasts based on year-to-date results.
- Pro-actively manage budgets, monitor, and report digital fundraising campaigns to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target.
Skills and Qualification
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital marketing, advertising, communications, business, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have five to seven years' experience in digital marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Must have previous experience in digital fundraising marketing, strategy, and implementation.
- Prior agency experience strongly preferred to have a solid professional foundation in digital marketing and advertising best practices.
- Must have the ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest strategies, technologies, platforms, and tactics in digital marketing and advertising.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to perform in a team-oriented environment.
Travel Requirements: May require travel for up to 10% of the time (local, regional, national) by air, car, and/or rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Director, Digital Marketing
- Senior Director, Digital Marketing
ADA Requirements: The physical demands described here represent those that an Associate must meet to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Mostly a passive role; however, some filing may be required.
- Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- Necessary math skills needed to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, and so forth.
- Must be able to lift 10 to 20 pounds.Nat