Manager, Digital Fundraising
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Position summary: This role manages the Rainforest Alliance digital fundraising program, which focuses on digital (primary) and direct mail donors up to $1,000 annually. Responsibilities include overall strategy development, acquisition, pipeline management and the production, launch and reporting for all campaigns. In collaboration with a cross functional team, he/she will build and steward all deliverables through to completion by articulated deadlines. In addition, this role will serve as a subject matter expert in Pardot and Google Analytics.
Lead development of 3-year and annual
strategies and plans, working closely with the major gifts and
Ensure that solicitation and campaign
messaging is fully aligned with the organization’s larger consumer
Build the target audience through a
strategic acquisition effort;
Collaborate with the major gifts team
to strengthen the donor pipeline and move donors up the continuum;
Launch new tools, platforms and novel
campaigns for Membership fundraising.
Develop full analytics and tracking of
digital fundraising activity so that user journeys are optimized
and conversion from prospect to donor is improved
- Develop and maintain all marketing automation for Membership in Pardot including drip campaigns, email sends, forms/form handlers, audience segmentation and dynamic lists, alerts and notifications, and integrations with Salesforce;
- Set up and monitor Salesforce/Pardot campaigns to ensure all tracking mechanisms are in place;
- Leverage Pardot data to gather strategic insights and surface data that inform Membership fundraising strategies;
- Develop automated digital experiences that support membership campaigns and re-engagement strategies; and
- Analyze Pardot release notes to identify areas of opportunity for RA with new or improved functionality.
Project Management, Design & Copywriting
- Draft copy for digital and direct mail solicitations and engagements;
- Create ad copy for digital platforms;
- Coordinate the design and copy process for direct mail appeals and solicit input on concept and drafts from internal stakeholders as needed;
- Track the Membership promotions schedule and ensure that messages are delivered on time and schedule adjustments are made as necessary; and
- Apply intimate knowledge of donor data in Salesforce to inform list builds, data hygiene strategies and other large-scale data transformations;
Data Management & Reporting
- Manage Google Analytics, set-up and reporting for RA’s digital ecosystem;
- Configure Google Analytics and Salesforce integration as well as other applicable third-party applications;
- Design marketing analytics dashboards with clear, easy-to-understand reporting, to provide better business insights into performance and customer experience; and
- Oversee the development and analysis of detailed reports to track KPI’s on program performance in partnership with the team and outside consultants.
- BA or BS required.
- At least 5 years of digital marketing experience.
- At least 5 years of Salesforce experience, certification is a plus.
- Direct experience with Pardot, certification is a plus.
- Previous experience with Google Analytics.
- Copywriting and copyediting experience.
- Proven ability to manage projects with tools like Basecamp and Jira.
- Comfort learning new tools/technology and working across multiple systems (e.g. coding basic HTML by hand, peer-to-peer texting programs, email platform, database management).
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner.
Commensurate with experience
Deadline: April 14, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org