MANAGER, STEWARDSHIP AND EVENTS
MANAGER, STEWARDSHIP AND EVENTS
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Full-time, exempt
The Chicago Humanities Festival believes that the arts and humanities play a vital role in cultivating and understanding the pressing civic, social, and cultural conversations of our time. For over 30 years, we’ve presented thoughtful programs, performances, and exhibitions, developing deep relationships with Chicago’s cultural, civic, and educational communities.
Our year-round programming invites audiences to explore, debate, and reflect on the critical issues of our day, as well as timeless concerns and ideas. We help to build a society that engages in thoughtful dialogue and explores a diversity of ideas and perspectives. We are dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices and inspiring personal and collective action and positive change in our community. Our carefully curated programs provide opportunities for individuals to engage with others and to reflect on their own ideas, assumptions and beliefs within the broader context of contemporary civic life.
The Festival is committed to creating conditions for broad and diverse participation in our programming, to cultivating a society in which social justice and equity are paramount, and to programming that creates the conversations and conditions for change. We take seriously our responsibility to Chicago, and to ensuring that all in our community are welcome, seen and heard. And, we work to amplify voices and ideas in ways only the arts and humanities are able—with depth, power, perspective and passion.
The Manager, Stewardship and Events is an integral part of CHF’s development team. This newly created role is responsible for the management and growth of CHF’s fundraising and cultivation events, its broader stewardship program and donor benefit fulfillment, as well as collaborating on and supporting its Qualification Program towards increased pipeline development. We are looking for someone who is energetic, goal-oriented, organized, and creative with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
This is a full-time position with a salary of $45,000 TO $55,000 based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 403b, and a commuter spending plan.
- Manage and administer CHF’s stewardship program, ensuring robust and regular communications with donors and prospects, donor/sponsor recognition and benefit fulfillment, and cultivation opportunities
- Collaborate with the Development team and Marketing (as needed) to streamline benefit fulfillment and communications, developing systems that strengthen donor engagement and are high touch, but low lift
- Donor Concierge, providing personal customer service for program ticketing, RSVPs and questions
Fundraising and Cultivation Events
- Collaborate with Development, Programming, and Production teams to produce and manage CHF’s annual Benefit, which nets approximately $400K in the virtual environment
- Manage other donor-related events and offerings, such as Meet & Greets, Salons, pre- or post-program gatherings, special events (e.g. movie premieres), and Between the Lines (a member-exclusive series)
- Project manage event budgets, underwriting, sponsorship, table and/or ticket sales, RSVPs, in-kind contributions, and production needs
Pipeline Development: Qualification Program
- Collaborate on and support the launch of CHF’s Qualification Program with the Associate Director of Individual Giving and Director of Development
- Optimize screening data and donor interest through a set series
of calls and emails resulting in:
- Pipeline movement to membership and donor categories
- Increased support with upward mobility
- Relationship management activation of other team members
- Support Development & Special Events Committee, attending meetings, drafting minutes, and contributing to discussion and agenda items
- Ensure prompt timing of acknowledgement letters, printing, routing, and mailing
- Review of weekly reports to ensure data accuracy and needed donor outreach
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- 3–4 years of previous event management, fundraising and/or annual fund experience required
- Best practices knowledge of donor moves management and systems
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work collaboratively
- Creative, resourceful and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Adaptable and flexible in fast paced environment, able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines simultaneously
- Computer literate in windows-based environment, including Raiser’s Edge, or similar database
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
As is true of our entire staff, this role will work remotely until a potential return to our Chicago River North office in summer or fall 2021. While working remotely, you will have access to a laptop computer and a $25 per pay period ($50/month) stipend to offset home internet and personal phone expenses.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY AND INCLUSION
The Festival is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and policies. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com by April 7, 2021.
Please format subject lines as follows: 2021 Stewardship and Events Manager: [Your Name]
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified via email. No phone calls, please. We look forward to reviewing your materials. Thank you!
Apply for MANAGER, STEWARDSHIP AND EVENTS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly