Associate Dir Maj Gifts
Virginia Tech would like to invite applicants for the position of:
Associate Dir Maj Gifts, DC Area Job no: 515352
The Associate Director of Major Gifts, Greater Washington, DC Metro Area will solicit philanthropic gifts from alumni, parents, and friends, which align with the overall university strategic priorities. This highly motivated professional will be involved with the planning and implementation of major gift fundraising efforts in support of current operations, endowment, capital, and other priorities from private sources in support of operations in the Washington, DC region. This position will fulfill the duties under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Advancement, Greater Washington, DC Metro Area. The Associate
Director of Major Gifts will:
- Assist with fundraising activities in the greater Washington, DC metro area within designated time frames.
- Have a portfolio of between 100-125 prospects.
- Have typical solicitation ranges of $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Close $1,000,000 per year using a three-year rolling average.
- Close on average 10-13 gifts per fiscal year.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies which include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Establish strong working relationships with other advancement, collegiate and constituent development officers and staff to foster a productive work environment.
Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.