Development Professional, Fund for Education Abroad
Title: Development Professional (contract/1099), Fund for Education Abroad (FEA)
Job location: Washington, D.C. or virtual
Supervisor: FEA Executive Director
The mission of the Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) is to provide scholarships and ongoing support to students who are underrepresented among the U.S. study abroad population. FEA makes life-changing, international experiences accessible to all by supporting students of color, community college, and first-generation college students before, during, and after they participate in education abroad programs.
FEA values a talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace our mission. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply.
Description of the Position
Working closely with the Executive Director, the contracted Development Professional will advance fundraising efforts with the help of a capable Board of Trustees and Campaign Steering Committee, engaging an established pool of donors and prospective donors. Additionally, the Development Professional will ensure that current and prospective donors experience a high-quality stewardship program, implemented throughout the organization. The Development Professional will be a seasoned proposal and solicitation writer, effective communicator and all-rounder, motivated by metrics and tangible outcomes, as well as the FEA mission to support students least likely to study abroad. The position will be self-directed and accountable, serving as a 1099 contract position over the course of an 8-month term funded position, renewable for 12-months at the option of the Executive Director upon successful completion of the following:
- Strategic and tactical plans putting Steering Committee and Board of Trustees to best and maximum use to help achieve remaining $4.6 Million of a $10 Million comprehensive campaign by end of 2022
- Implementation of a corporate DEI proposal and program, and annual fund (mailed twice annually)
- Institution and implementation of a robust donor stewardship program with staff and trustees
- $1 million in new gifts, pledged or paid by December 2021, from a highly engaged current donor and prospective donor pool
- A ten percent increase in the prospective donor pool from new contacts
The Development Professional will report to the Executive Director of FEA to provide the following services:
- Produce collateral to achieve ends, direct actions of a moves management process, and engage leadership volunteer
- Meet weekly by phone/Zoom with both the Executive Director, Program Manager, and appropriate trustees on activities and progress of the fundraising plan
- Visit on-site (when permitted) for Board meetings and key events ( approx. 4 appearances) with additional participation in donor meetings, as requested/needed
- Train staff and Board volunteers for cultivation and solicitation; successfully engage them in the development process through relationship building and coaching
- When asked, participate in the Board development & marketing committee meetings, and steering committee meetings to advance the development plan
- Identify, segment, advise on the solicitation of prospective donors
- Prepare talking points, strategy memos and detailed agendas for presentations, solicitations and special events
Based on experience, between $50,000-$75,000 per annum, prorated
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Last name, first name: FEA Development Professional” in the subject line, indicating the best way and time to contact you during business as soon as possible, and no later than May 1, 2021.
Description of the Organization
Based in Washington DC, the Fund for Education Abroad is a private 501(c)(3) founded in 2010. The FEA mission is to increase the opportunities for dedicated U.S. students to participate in high-quality, rigorous education abroad programs by providing study abroad scholarships. Our goals are to cultivate US students’ world awareness and appreciation of cultural differences through academic and experiential opportunities, to support institutions and organizations active in socially responsible education abroad programs, and to recognize outstanding education abroad leaders. Scholarships are awarded with a preference to under-represented students in study abroad, including students of color, first generation college students, and community college students. Please visit www.fundforeducationabroad.org for more information.
Apply for Development Professional, Fund for Education Abroad
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly