ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Manager of Communications plays a critical role at New Profit, powering the day-to-day operations and strategic outputs of the Communications team. The Manager oversees New Profit’s websites, email program, and serves as the day-to-day lead with our creative agency. The Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and measurement of campaigns and projects that drive outcomes against enterprise and initiative objectives. This role is ideal for a highly organized marketing and/or communications professional who (1) thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while balancing multiple priorities; (2) can think strategically and work with a focus on daily outcomes, and; (3) has a demonstrated commitment to equity in the work and workplace. You will be reporting directly to the Associate Partner of Communications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage all aspects of New Profit’s websites (hosted on WordPress) including building new pages, updating content, publishing blog posts, and working with external partners to improve website performance (UX/UI, SEO, visual design, etc.). This includes New Profit’s core website, our media platform (NPGO), and our Investor Dashboard (private portal).
- Lead New Profit’s email marketing program including the monthly newsletter, which requires close partnership with colleagues throughout New Profit, as well as ad hoc announcements and invitations. You’ll proactively look for ways to improve the email program through drip campaigns, A/B and multivariate testing, and performance and engagement analysis.
- Lead the creative direction, production, and implementation of creative assets including website content, multimedia, email text, and blog posts, among others. You’ll develop these assets in partnership with our creative agency, as well as colleagues within New Profit, serving as the project manager and ensuring brand consistency across the enterprise. This includes the annual report, investment announcements, portfolio exits, virtual events and gatherings, and other milestone activities. You’ll be able to make small revisions or updates yourself using Adobe CS and lean on our creative agency for larger design efforts.
- Support New Profit’s current and former grantee-partners. You’ll work collaboratively to co-create content these social enterprises can use to showcase their organizations and help amplify their news and announcements.
- Develop and implement a media engagement strategy to elevate and
- amplify the profile of (1) New Profit, (2) key leaders, and (3) our initiatives and portfolio. You’ll create and update a list of media contacts and always have a perspective on how to pitch a story or where to place an op-ed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced. You have 5-7 years of experience in marketing or communications positions, with much of that experience in the digital media space at nonprofit organizations, social enterprises, creative agencies, or similar organizations.
- An Effective Communicator. You have strong interpersonal communications skills, both in writing and verbally. You can clearly, concisely, and convincingly articulate your ideas, and points-of-view, while being open to feedback and input from others.
- Digital & Design Savvy. You are proficient with WordPress, HubSpot, and Google Analytics, and are comfortable to hit the ground running because you know how to navigate these platforms and get the most out of each. You also have an intermediate proficiency with Adobe CS and Canva.
- Highly Organized. You like tools like CoSchedule to help you keep track of projects and stay accountable to the team. You can effortlessly manage multiple projects and stakeholders because you are detail-oriented, always looking at a work plan, and understand how to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Team Player. You are self-motivated but still thrive in a collaborative setting. You maintain calm and composure in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. You take time to build meaningful relationships with colleagues and partners because you value community and respect for others.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to New Profit’s Career page. In lieu of a cover letter, please submit a resume and application assignment (instructions below) addressed to Lavon Fairclough. Please upload questions where it indicates to attach your cover letter in the job posting. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please share thoughtful responses to each of the following questions in 150 words or less:
- Please tell us why you are interested in this position; and
what past experiences make you suited for it.
- This position requires strong relationships and collaboration,
including the ability to build rapport with a wide range of people.
How have you demonstrated these abilities in past work?
- This position requires strong project management and the ability to shift from high-level strategic thinking to execution with detail orientation towards goals and outcomes. Please describe any project management experience that demonstrates these abilities.
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no phone calls or direct emails.