Philanthropic Data Intelligence Analyst
Philanthropic Intelligence and Analytics is part of the Development and Alumni Engagement Department’s Development Services team and is responsible for providing forward-thinking analytics and ongoing systems application support to drive the success of alumni and development efforts. The Manager, Philanthropic Intelligence and Analytics supports data-driven decision making by analyzing and interpreting data, building predictive models, and visualizing data analysis results. This role also provides the administrative support of our CRM system, Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Support philanthropic initiatives with a proactive data analytics program, including preparation of a variety of data analytics for managers and leadership.
- Develop tools, dashboards, and reports to help users’ access and analyze data, resulting in increased fundraising productivity.
- Develop analytics around internal and external fundraising trends, alumni engagement, results reporting, forecasting, and predictive analysis for senior leaders.
- Analyze data sets, including social media, to develop custom models to drive fundraising and alumni relations strategies. Analyze campaign effectiveness, evaluate segment testing, and assess trends.
- Build data sets from multiple sources to create algorithms to predict future behaviors.
- Support business ad hoc analysis and reporting requests as needed to allow management to make informed decisions.
- Assist with updates of Raiser’s Edge NXT to improve operational efficiencies.
- Act as system matter expert for all queries and assistance regarding Raiser’s Edge NXT analytics.
- Leverage tools to integrate data across development functions and across institutional functions (i.e., Finance, Workday).
- Participate in efforts to standardize reporting across the Institute.
- Identify and communicate potential data integrity and other reporting issues.
- Make recommendations to improve fundraising outcomes and alumni engagement.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
As Philanthropic Intelligence analyst you are expected to represent Sevens Institute by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline with strong statistical emphasis preferred.
- 3+ years of systems, data analytics, or applied statistics experience. Development analytics or systems experience preferred, Raiser’s Edge NXT experience a plus.
- Customer service orientation: ability to communicate and work well with all levels of users and management.
- Collaborative style and commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills
- Experience working with business users and systems development areas in creating innovative, automated solutions to philanthropic problems.
- Predictive analytics and modeling are a plus.
- Crystal Reports experience a plus
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software packages is a plus.
- Analytics and Data Visualizations
- Determine possible solutions and solve the problem employing the most appropriate solutions.
- Handle complex and/or escalated management inquiries.
- Enterprise Focus
- Is driven by the employee’s needs and organizes and prioritizes work to meet those needs.
- Proposes ideas and alternatives to resolve client issues.