Senior Director of Gift Planning
The Senior Director for Gift Planning reports to the Assistant Vice President of Gift Planning. This position will assist the Assistant Vice President for Gift Planning on programs to secure irrevocable and revocable planned gift commitments from alumni and friends of the University; cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of planned giving prospects; collaborating with other development staff members on prospects in their portfolios who are interested in considering planned gift commitments. This position will interact on a consistent basis with University Development staff, University Executive Council members, Deans and faculty, alumni, donors, and donor prospects. Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, field of study in Law is preferred, a minimum of five years related experience and possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proven ability to manage time well
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Maturity & personal integrity
- Must have current driver’s license and good driving record
A master’s degree and eight years of related experience are preferred. Baylor also prefers the following:
- Admitted to the bar to practice law in Texas
- Experience in higher education
Note: No equivalency of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree requirement.
What You Will Do
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major donors
- Partner with constituent groups to facilitate development functions
- Maintain responsibility for implementing and conducting fundraising efforts within assigned unit in coordination with unit leadership
- Oversee fund drive communications with constituent groups
- Facilitate collaboration to develop impactful philanthropic agendas
- Assist with programs to increase giving to Baylor
- Oversee the planning and operation of special events
- Develop recommendations to expand programming
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
To apply please click here.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.